Nearby Marseilles, Illinois (Air Miles)
Aor Rpi C2C - Marseilles Il - Glenwood
AOR0050
Glenwood Rv Resort-551 Wilson St
Rpi- Il Glenwood Rv I-80 Exit 97 Rte 6 East 11 Blocks Go North On Lasalle St Marseilles
Woodsmoke Ranch-2795 E 28Th Rd
2014-08-15 23:49:10
Marseilles, Illinois
June 2011

3   6   4   5   3   3   8
question  question  question  question  no  no  no
question  question  question  question  no  no  question
June 2011
It is open year round. There are lots of permanet residents there. The dogs run free but are friendly. The trees infested with carpenter ants. There is only wifi by the office with no shade. We were there over the 4th and firecrackers were going off until about 3 a.m. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
July 2010
This was our first time camping with our new camper. We did stay over a holiday weekend. The camp site itself was very nice, private and quiet. We did see the pool, but did not use it. The overall campground itself was ok. There were permanents all through out the campground, some were nice and others needed to be taken away. People were friendly and we as a family will stay at this campground again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
July 2007
The swimming pool looks nice (the water was clear and clean) but it was small. The playground was newer but the kind that you would have in your own back yard, not a commercial quality playground. Mostly a seasonal park, and as usual a few of the seasonal areas are nice...but the majority are just "eye sores" that that need to be hauled away and the lot cleared of all the junk. I did see some maintenance work being done and since this park has new owners, there could be great changes coming. Worth checking back into next summer...but not again this camping season. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Four Star Campground

question  question  no  no  no  question  no  yes  no  no
question  question  no  no  no  question  no  yes  no  no
Was just staying the night. Camped near entrance gate as I didn't feel like spending the time to drive back to regular camping area. (Long day, 427 miles.) This was my choice as staff offered the regular lots for me to use. Staff was friendly. Had water & electric. Wi-Fi never worked where I was located. Looked like the router I was connected to needed to be re-booted to the Internet. If Wi-Fi worked and maybe if I had seen rest of campground I would feel comfortable with a 7 or 8 rating. Would stay again and would probably go to regular camping area. We camped here in a Motorhome.
The roads are extremely bad. If that was not enough the water stinks so bad that you can not use it. This is a very poorly run camp. Looks to have potential, but will never make it. Do not recommend this camp. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
May 2012
Stayed 4 nights. Bathrooms are pretty rough and neither shower was working in the closest men's room when we arrived. They did get one of the 2 showers working within our stay, but water is stinky. Management is very disorganized and most events were late starting. The pool was completely unsupervised and there were hoards of people swimming in street clothes, eating in the pool, and leaving trash all over. The fishing pond is a joke, but you can fish in the swimming pond. 2 playgrounds and lots of space to drive golf carts/atvs. About a half hour drive to Starved Rock state park. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Glenwood RV Resort

yes (River)
yes  no  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
yes  no  question  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  question  yes
We love this campground for two reasons. Close to home so that I can commute to work and the river sites with their view of the river and barges. Nothing can beat the sun coming up over the river with a barge in site. The river sites are in the Great Falls area sites 1-20. We give the park a review of 8 because of the quality of water (we bring our water from home) and the fact that only 20 of the sites are on the river. If I was coming to the area to visit Starved Rock State Park, I would choose this campground and use it as my home base. There are a number of restaurants in the town of Marseilles a short drive away. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
May 2013
We spent a lot of our early camping days at this park and have always loved it. Watching the barges and activity on the river is always fun. The sites are big with plenty of room between sites, and there are plenty of huge old trees to provide shade. Also, relatively easy off/on to I80 even though its a mile or two away from the interstate. Now the bad news. The park seemed to be much more run down than we remembered. The bathrooms/showers were awful - dirty and smelled like egg water. When I checked the showers, the egg water smell got worse, so I'm sure the smell comes from the water dripping from the showers. Showers also on a push button system. I pushed the button and - I timed it - 9 seconds later the water went off! Can you imagine taking a shower where every 9 seconds you have to push a button? The 30 amp power was also geeky. Twice our power went out for no apparent reason. Came right back on, but still. We now have a 45' motorhome and we encountered a few low hanging branches - nothing major though - and some turns were tighter than we normally like, but we were able to get in and out of our site and the campground with only a little bit of extra maneuvering. I sure hope Illinois comes up with some money to update this campground because despite the negatives, we still like this place! We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
September 2012
What a great park with many sites right on the river where you can watch the barges go by day and night, along with other boat activity. This would be a 10 if they had water hook ups at the sites. Site was easy to back into and easy to level our travel trailer. Some sites are close together, but most are a nice size, and there is plenty of grass area between the back of the sites and the water. We will definitely camp here again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Illini State Park

July 2007
Mainly a seasonal park, but they do offer a few Overnight sites. Grounds are not maintained at all and the majority of the seasonal sites look like no one has been out to them in years. No swimming of any type (pool or lake). Nice newer playground and entry with a keypad locking gate. I asked if they had fishing, the lady said yes they had a stocked pond but in her own words it was pretty "grown up" I guess she was not kidding because I could not even find the pond! Weeds - Yikes! I don't think we will return, the place seems deserted and creepy and offers nothing for recreation. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.