Nearby Pocahontas, Illinois (Air Miles)
12495 S State Route 143

2   1   1
no  no  no
no  no  question
April 2011
Owner is not friendly. It took a few hours to find someone to sell us wood at the office. The pond smelled of dead fish. Many permanent residents. We camped in a tent surrounded by permanent residents. Whole camp is surrounded by corn fields. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
August 2010
I will never go back to this one. We pulled in at about 1pm, and the little office was locked and there was no one around. Finally found the guy running the place, but he was very gruff and rude. Their website very clearly stated that they would help with setup, and as we were new to a TT, we asked for assistance just to be on the safe side, but we were met with rolling eyes and made to feel like it was a huge problem. I quickly just said, "never mind, I'm sure we can handle it" and tried to keep smiling. Later that night, they ran out of water! I guess the whole park is run off of one well? There was even a water tower right across the road, but no water for us! The sediment that it put in our system was a NIGHTMARE to clean out, we learned to never go without a filter again. (we had never even seen them until after this incident) The next morning while we were packing to go, they were cutting grass, not even looking where they were going. Which would have been good, because our little Yorkie felt like she was going potty in the jungle, LOL. I started running around, getting our stuff out of the way, and wanted to get the dogie leash and stake up before he ran it over and damaged his big mower. So there I am packing stuff in the van, and on the next pass, the kid blew grass all up on me and inside my van. I'm really not easily ticked, but this place was just over the top! We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
June 2008
Looking at the campground's web site, we expected a nice campground. That's not what we found. The person who checked us in was not friendly. The showers and bathroom were closed because they had painted them that day. It would seem reasonable that this would be done prior to the camping season. We made a reservation and told them we would be in a pop up, so they knew we were coming. We had to use a small bathroom off their Recreation room. The bathroom was dirty. Their were no showers. If a person wants to swim in one of their ponds/lakes, you'll have to pay extra, showers had we been able to use them are an extra cost, running your air conditioning is an extra cost. The mosquitos were terrible. We couldn't wait to get out of this campground. We would have left when we got there had we been sure that we wouldn't get charged. We wouldn't stay their again. It's off the beaten path and quiet, so if that's what you're looking for, check it out at your own risk, just be ready to pay and hopefully you'll have a better bathroom to use. We camped here in a Tent Trailer.