Nearby Sycamore, Illinois (Air Miles)
2300 Sycamore Rd
Sycamore RV Resort
2013-10-16 10:49:51
Sycamore, Illinois
October 2013

yes  question  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  question  question  yes
question  question  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  question  question  yes
October 2013
The campground overall, had good fishing location. We arrived sat am. After my husband traveled 6 hours to get home and a heads up to the campground. I was told if I arrived before 9 am, I would be stuck waiting. Hmmmmmm, even though I paid for Friday too! And bought wood 5 bux a bundle. 2 bundles equal 8 soaked, not seasoned wood. Did not get key to shower or laundry. So, I guess if you don't mind paying for things you can't use or wood then it's ok. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
We like Sycamore, and this park is almost close enough to the western suburbs to be useful. In fact, we used it for that purpose, but do find the drive in to be tedious after awhile. One could catch the Metra nearby. The campground has a nice lake, beach, spacious sites, and the owners keep everything up very well. We will stay here again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
September 2012
We stayed here on a Saturay night in the middle of September We had a full hookup, back-in site in the gravel "parking lot" section of the park. There is also a heavily treed section. Most of the sites are for extended stay customers and were occupied by said customers on the night of our stay. According to the owner, only about a dozen sites are available for "one-nighters" like us. Thus, it may be difficult to get a site here at the last minute during the summer. This is your basic weekend/week getaway park for IL and WI locals. There are two lakes (large ponds) for fishing, swimming, and walking around; several sand volleyball courts; a half basketball court; and an impressive tennis court. There is a large building with modern restrooms and a laundry ($10 deposit for entry key). Surprisingly, their free TengoInternet (a provider with whom I often have a lot of trouble connecting to) service worked OK for us - probably because there was a coupon with a sign in code. This is a nice park with decent facilities and amenities that is OK for travelers as long as you can get one of the relatively few available sites and don't mind being in a gravel parking lot. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Sycamore RV Resort