Nearby Borden, Indiana (Air Miles)
Indiana University Southe
2910 Grant Line Rd
951 Hwy 131
Kentucky Truck Sales 8009287172
Meijer 167
Shawnee Golf Course
Tom Stinnett Rv 529 Marriot Dr (Located To Block)
Peterson Truck Center 15 2 0

6   8   9   6   6   4
question  yes  yes  question  no  no
question  yes  yes  question  no  no
October 2014
Beautiful, treed sites. There are a few 50 amp sites, and a few sites barely suitable for big rigs. Most of the sites are short and not level enough for a motorhome. The campground loop is a dead end and we had to unhook the toad to go back. You'll do well keeping your interaction with "management" to a minimum. We called 3 hrs ahead and were told sites are first come first served. Not true. On arrival we were charged $7 to find a site, but I waited 10 min in the rain while the ranger marked a map with a black pen to show sites that had been reserved that day and told me that these were reserved. That map was the only one in existence and she suggested I take a photo with my cell phone so I would not take a reserved site. I did so, but the sites are poorly marked. BTW, they could not spare a map for me to take. Anyway, that process did not work for me and we opted for Walmart. At the exit, the ranger had to call a supervisor in order to get permission to refund the $7 I had paid to enter. Do not enter the park when it is raining, you have to stand outside, under the dripping roof eave while waiting for the ranger to mark up the map that shows reserved sites. She had no clue as to which sites were pull-throughs and which were long enough in order to take a 38' motorhome. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Very nice park near Fuzzy Zoeller's Covered Bridge GC. We reserved a 50 amp site. There are only a few. We were there mid-week and there were plenty of 30 amp sites to choose from too. There are a few pull thrus also. Shower rooms were very good. Pleasant shaded back in sites are in separate sections for horse campers and regular folks. Good looking beach in the park. I think they get lots of day traffic there. We'll stay again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
September 2011
Stayed for one week. This is the third time here for us. Very nice large sites and several are water front. This year the bathrooms have been re-done and looked good, also several family cabins are being installed which we may take advantage of to have our adult children down to camp with us. Will be back next year for sure! We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Deam Lake State Recreation Area