206673 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Monticello, Indiana (Air Miles)
1088 W Broadway
2013-09-26 14:04:29
Monticello, Indiana

yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  question  yes  yes
yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  question  yes  yes
We went here just to go to Indiana Beach; nice campground but think that given time could be improved on. The whole resort area was bought by Morgan RV Resorts and as usual things seem to go downhill. We did get a good deal on camping as they offered buy 2 nights get one free and also buy one park admission get one free to campers so that was a plus. Not much shade in the front section but looks like new trees were planted so in years will be better. Grounds well kept, could use more sewer sites. Pool was a good size and very clean. Would return if in the area and improvements made in the amusement park. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
We camped here on Passport America rate. On arrival we were informed that the park had a water contamination problem (since June) therefore we did not connect to the water. The smell was terrible and the pool was brown so we could not swim. We booked a FHU pull-though site. The site was gravel, not even, and the hook-ups are placed in such a location that we had to unhook anyway! The sites are close and the Wi-Fi was terrible. The staff were not very friendly. Would not recommend nor stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Exceptionally clean RV park — they even sweep the sidewalks & cobwebs around the bath houses every day. The restrooms were spotless and the laundries were roomy with 4 washer/dryer units each. Very close to Indiana Beach Amusement/Waterpark, and they also offer a shuttle service. The lower sites are very good size and the grass is just beautiful in your site, however, many of the upper sites (farther away from office) are smaller and flood when it rains. The outsourced Wi-Fi service did not work most of the week we were there, but I understood this to be a phone company issue and not the fault of the park staff. We would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Ideal Beach RV Resort
July 2006

July 2006
This park has a mix of seasonal campers and weekend campers. The campgrounds website makes it look like a nice place to camp but its not. The website says that they have a private lake in the park but it is really just a big hole that the rain water drains into. However, they do have fish in it. I saw some fish floating in it. The campground store has strange hours. The laundry room is closed at night and they do have a game room but it only has three games! The ground is like quicksand; I saw a lot of people getting stuck. I was there in July and still saw leaves on the ground. The campground managers are never anywhere to be found and when I did find the manager he was drunk. I talked to one of the seasonals and they said that they were going to leave because the park was just going down hill. I would not recommend staying there and I would not stay there again even if it was free. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
May 2012

yes (Stream)
yes  no  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question
yes  no  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  question  yes  question
May 2012
This park was purchased by a corporation recently. Lots of changes, lots of upgrades. However, the price has gone way up. I think they charge too much for what you get. Almost $50 a night for a parking spot? They do have good hookup's, plus cable TV. Some sites are close together, but this is a very large park, over 1000 sites. The bus/ferry to Indian Beach is nice, but it's not a far walk either. Lots for kids to do: mini golf, batting cages, arcade, nice swim 'castle' thing. Overall it's a really fun place to stay. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
July 2011
The park is huge with many seasonal campers. The grounds need maintenance help. The employees were disinterested. I remember the amusement park being nice, but it is in disrepair and needs work. The camp store is nice, but needs more items for sale. This place was great and could be again, but it needs some TLC and involved management to get improvements moving. We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
August 2009
The only bad things I can say about this park is that the restrooms are in desperate need of updating. The garbage dumpsters were overflowing on Thursday when we checked in, and I had to take a cold shower on Saturday morning due to the exponential influx of people. Other than that, it was clean, and I was shocked that with as many people that were there, we didn't really hear them; they were very quiet after hours. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Nascar RV Resorts at Indiana Beach Campground

8   5   2   3   3   3   10   9   10
question  question  no  question  no  question  yes  yes  yes
question  question  no  question  no  question  yes  question  yes
Camped here under Resort of Distinction (ROD) membership. Internet is good - cost is $2 for 24 hrs. Sites could use rock on sites and main roads - caused a lot of dust. We were there in Sept and it was off season. Personnel were friendly. Would camp here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
June 2012
Spent 1 night while traveling under WHR. Asked for FHU 50amp in open area for rooftop TV dish, worked well. Sprint cell & hotspot worked good. Did not see the rest of the park, worked OK for a night. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
May 2010
Read other reviews and agree with most. As far as the facilities. The bathrooms were dirty and need an update. The lake is nice but you have to be a westerns horizons member or the manager treats you like a second class citizen. He sends you up to the upper tier of camping where I call it the mosquito and tick forest. The whole campgrounds needs a face lift. The clubhouse shows it's age! The game room looks like a bad boy's toy chest!! Broken stuff and outdated. We went there and like I said were treated horribly. I tried to talk to the people about a transfer of my membership. See I moved from the west coast to the mid west. I had a membership out there and this campground was in that network. I paid a huge fee for this membership. Nothing they will do but take more money. I told them I will pay the dues every year but no they wanted the huge initial fee again. And since I didn't pay I was just an average "Joe". Corporate person said it is up to the campground and they can simply transfer you in. For the money they charge the facilities were rough and outdated. Many things to do in the area but as far as the campground forget it. The manager had a huge chip on his shoulder and said "Sorry you will have to stay up on those sites" Not down on the lake because you are not a Western Horizons member!!! Down by the lake they park you so close together you can reach out your window and shake hands with the person next door! But it has a "Lake View" Needless to say we left and NEVER to return again. Like I seen before the best thing about this campground was seeing it in the rear view mirror! We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for White Oaks on the Lake