206628 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Nashville, Indiana (Air Miles)
Nashville House
Nashville
Westward Ho Campground
2013-10-02 19:30:29
Nashville, Indiana

no  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  no
question  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  no
This park is beautiful! There are overlooks for watching the sunset, a lodge with excellent food and coffee for those meals you don't feel like cooking and it is very close to all the shops in Nashville, IN. We went horseback riding one day in the park and that was something fun to do. This park just has a whole lot to offer and the restaurants and shops in downtown Brown County/Nashville are outstanding. There are flea markets near by too for those looking for something to do. We had been here before and will return again soon! We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
This is a beautiful, huge, hilly, treed park. We were in the campground (there are 3) farthest from the front entrance. It was actually 6 miles from the entrance, that's how big the park is! Just lovely! There is a gigantic pool (nominal fee) and a lodge with a casual restaurant. Downtown Nashville (Ind.) is a very fun, artsy place to visit. It's convenient if you are visiting Bean Blossom (10 miles) for one of their music festivals. For a State Park, it's a 10. For an RV'er like we are, it's an 8, only because they don't have full hook ups, cable or internet. Even so, we would definitely stay there again. It would be absolutely beautiful in the fall. We camped here in a Motorhome.
May 2013
Have a 45' RV and stayed at Buffalo Ridge. The initial site we reserved had low hanging branches. Fortunately they were able to relocate us to another site. Many of the 45'+ sites definitely have his condition. You may want to look at site before driving to. Buffalo Ridge is the best option for a taller rig. I would suggest sites 18, 19, 24 and 42. Anyway, the campground is beautiful and well taken care of. The staff was excellent. A drive into downtown Nashville to shop is well worth the time. Plan on returning again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Brown County State Park

yes  question  question  question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes
yes  question  question  question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  question
The campsites were ridiculously close together especially with slide outs. Luckily we had family that joined us because the sites were so close together that we could only have a campfire at one of the four sites that we rented because of space. The male owner was very rude and unprofessional and definitely did not like children. There are four couples that will never be back. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
May 2013
I changed the Big Rig access on my review, because technically the park can handle 40 foot motorhomes. Mine fit, but you will have to remove your toad or it will hang out into the road. The pull-through spaces are close together, and if you have a neighbor with slide-outs and you have slide-outs, it's comfy to say the least. But, the park has a great location close to the Nashville attractions and shopping and in my opinion is a much better choice than Brown County State Park. You'll have to drive miles and miles to get out of that park, and the sites just aren't that much better. My site did take some creative leveling as the auto-level feature jacked me way to high, but it was doable. There is a nice wooded walking patch and my pups loved that. The people in the office were very friendly and helpful. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2012
Agree with previous post. The pull-through sites are short and too close together - we were slide-to-slide with our neighbor, with little room to park our toad. Sewer drains were elevated too high to allow normal drainage. Site was muddy and had not been leveled. And most of the back-in sites hang precariously over a ravine. We kept watching people struggling to get into their sites, with lots of near misses, one trailer that took up three sites and one that banged into a tree that was too close. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for The Last Resort RV Park & Campground

question  yes  question  yes  question  question  question  question  question  no
Warm welcome from office staff with friendly conversation and local information. Owner met and directed us to our site and assisted with backing. The motor coach area was a fenced concrete parking lot immediately adjacent to the road so there was plenty of traffic noise. No trees, no fire ring and one old picnic table behind the coach in a grass strip between the parking lot and entrance road. In fairness, we just parked and slept there, spending the rest of our time in nearby Nashville. Didn't encounter any of the grouchy rudeness mentioned in other reviews. At checkout time we were running a bit late, but the owner said nothing and still offered a friendly wave and thank you as we pulled out. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2010
Very nice owners, who go out of their way to help you enjoy your stay. Most 30 amp sites are back to back hookups with the few 50 amp sites being back in only. Sites are somewhat tight, but no problem if you and your neighbors are friends. The pool was closed for the season during our visit. This campground is actually located 4-6 miles east of Nashville in "Gnawbone". Traffic during the fall "color" time is quite heavy on SR 46, but it didn't interrupt our sleep. The rate shown is the basically weekly rate for a 30 amp site. We camped here in a Motorhome.
May 2009
The owner gave us a two page copy of the rules, she said this page is the most important, referring to the pool rules. While I was checking in another child came in to ask her when the pool would be open. It was well past the time the stated time it was supposed to be open and she told him it would be another hour and the expression on her face when he left was not pleasant. She preceded to tell me if it looks like the kids are having fun in the pool they are probably breaking a rule. It should have been my first clue this place was leery of children. I wish I would have known so we could have camped elsewhere. The male owner was very rude and combative when my husband and daughter were in the pool the next day. So when my son wanted to go swimming we discouraged him and got the sprinkler out so we would not be bothering the male owner. I didn't see anywhere on their rules that this was not permitted. Once again the male owner yelled and pointed his finger at my family in a combative tone to not use our sprinkler. He could have said made this request of us in a reasonable and professional tone but did not. I can say for certain he has lost our repeat business as well as the other 5 families that were there camping with us. I would like to point out that my family with 2 children (5 and 6) were the only ones to have received the rules upon check-in. It is apparent this place prefers no children and would like to warn others to look elsewhere. Oh, I forgot to mention the highway noise was awful day and night. It did help to run the fan all night in our trailer to alleviate some of the noise. We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
Display older reviews for Westward Ho Campground