Nearby Lakeside, Iowa (Air Miles)
Buena Vista University
July 2010

question  question
question  question
July 2010
Asking for a pull since just overnight, we were told to just pull thru the back in to the other side. Ground looked wet but assumed they knew what the were talking about. I also asked about the distance between the light pole and water raiser. No problem. Well, 2 problems, the water faucet was rubbing the compartment door and the front wheels where about 6" down in the mud. Had to un-hook so we could back out, then go around to back into assigned site. We were afraid to get off the gravel pad (what little there was) so had to have an extension to reach electric which was behind the coach. Not sure I had enough water hose so did not attempt to reach the faucet. After raining all night, a large part of the park was under water the next morning. After following the exit signs (after hooking up tow),we found the gate was locked. Luckily, I noticed it before passing a street that took me back to the office. I would stay again if I needed too but would not go out of the way. Customer service was a little lacking. We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2009
Large, level sites border on the east side of Storm Lake. A swimming beach, boat ramp, and dock are part of the campground's amenities. Large cottonwood trees shade some sites. A bike path into town borders the campground. A large city park is on the north side of the campground. We would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.