Nearby Mason City, Iowa (Air Miles)
Margeret Mac Nider City Park
2014-07-17 21:49:47
Mason City, Iowa
February 2012

February 2012
This park is on a gravel road. It is closer to the town of Rock Falls Iowa, even tho the address is Mason City. The road into the park is very rough and super dusty. The grounds are mostly dirt, but there was a drought while I was here and they had no rain for almost a month. The owner/manager was very helpful and accommodating to me. It is a long way to any shopping, whether it be grocery, restaurants, or entertainment. I could not get TV reception with my antenna. I would not camp here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.

question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes
question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes
What a great park, location, and good deal! Only $25 for a full service hookup in a beautiful city park, close enough to the town to bike into it. The city pool complex is right there to use, and the park managers are friendly and efficient. Mason City has miles of beautiful bike trails that go into town or along the river and creek. The WiFi was strong in our location and we had some shade. Even bought quality t-shirts for only $9. We will definitely stop back here when in the area! We camped here in a Motorhome.
I echo what previous reviewers have said. This is a great park. Quiet with shade trees. I had site B6, which was a full hookup near the bathhouse. This is a very clean bathhouse, with 4 toilet stalls and 3 shower stalls on the ladies side. And, it was heated for us because of the 55 degree evening! The WiFi is excellent. You need to get password from hosts. There is a large security light near the bathhouse, which didn't bother me. And yes, you can hear the occasional train during the day. Loved this place. I thought of staying 2 days and increased my stay to 4. There's lots to do around here as well. I would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
What a lovely campground! We are in a full hookup, gravel site in the middle of a lovely little town. Some of the sites are a bit close, but I would rate it as good or better than most KOAs for half the price. Next door is a very nice aquatic center and park with walking/bike trails. The managers at the park have been exemplary and helped us with travel directions. Call the campground for directions, the GPS does not bring you in the best way. We are 38ft. and had no issues getting in the campground. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Margaret MacNider Park