219007 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Newton, Iowa (Air Miles)
La Corsette Maison Inn
Newton
Newton KOA
2014-07-08 10:53:03
Newton, Iowa

yes  question  yes  question  yes  yes  question  question  question  yes
question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  question  question  question  yes
Price includes tax. Was a pull-through with full services. Power was good. Water pressure requires a pressure regulator. They informed us that their park pressure is at 85 PSI. That's very good of them. Wi-Fi worked good at our site (we were close to the antenna). Sites are very close together. Park was very clean. This park is right next to the interstate so it is very noisy. Fortunately the big truck noise subsided at 11:00 PM and didn't start up until 5:00 AM. We just stayed the one night. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Pretty nice KOA with a good pool, good working Wi-Fi (hard to believe isn't it). Sites were a little closer than I like, but are doable. Appears to be a good selection of eating places about a mile away, but we did not try, mexican, chinese, and hometown restaurant types. Would stay again if in the area. By the way (BTW), water pressure is posted as 85 psi; believe it. We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2012
Wonderful staff helped us get to our site. We were lucky to have a wide site with lots of room outside our door. Most sites barely have room for a picnic table between the trailers. Next time I will be sure to ask for a roomy site. This is an established campground that is now a KOA, for with yellow and black signs, but no A-Frame office building. The pool was sparkly clean. The private pond is stocked for campers-only fishing. The restrooms are very clean. The store is small but has all the essentials, and a Walmart is only 1 mile away. This is a easy place to camp if traveling on I-80 through Iowa. The new Iowa Speedyway is a good distance away on the opposite side of the interstate. Trees shade the trailers here making it very popular during race weekends. The interstate noise was too much for me to sleep well the first night even with the windows closed, but I have slept more soundly at other really loud locations such as the Pittsburgh area KOA, so I will want to stay again before commenting. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Newton KOA