Nearby Shelby, Iowa (Air Miles)
Wings America
Shelby Country Inn & RV Park
2014-10-08 01:12:49
Shelby, Iowa
October 2014

yes  question  question  question  question  question  yes  question  yes  question
October 2014
Just off the interstate. Plenty of food places available close by. Although the place is up for sale the RV park is in reasonable condition. Not many sites occupied so getting in and out was good. If it gets busy I feel it would be difficult. Sites are not long so everybody parks on empty side sites, a habit which is prone with issues and could be a problem. No Wi-Fi available in the RV park but if you visit the Motel you can get Wi-Fi here. Slight noise due to the interstate and lights from the nearby gas stations do interfere into the park. All sites are on a gradual incline, so stay at the bottom or go to the top near to the bathrooms and they seem to be the most level. Handy off the interstate and okay for a overnight stay but not for a long time. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Have stayed here before, so stayed again as it is very convenient to I-80 with a restaurant and a Dairy Queen within walking distance. Long gravel pull through and mostly level. However, this time we had to try 4 different sites for water; a little park maintenance would be in order. Because of convenience will stay again if in area. We camped here in a Motorhome.
The park seemed like an excellent overnight stay with easy access from I-80. 110 pull through gravel sites with full hook-ups. Sites are fairly level, some more than others. However, we were not assigned a site so could pick one of the more level sites. There were only 2 occupied sites when we arrived mid-afternoon. We checked in at the motel. The women who checked us in was very friendly. I asked about Wi-Fi and she wasn’t sure if it was working but gave me the password. After several attempts to connect, I did get it to work for e-mail but was only fair reception and not enough to view videos or sites with much data. I think she told me that they were working on getting better reception out in the park. Good TV antenna reception with all major networks and some additional channels. Verizon cell phone and Jet pack reception was excellent. Once set up, the breaker at the post kept tripping when the AC came on. We called the office and the women came out but wasn’t much help but did let us plug into the post one site over instead of having to move. Tried to sit outside to relax but the flies were terrible. Don’t know if that was due to time of year or they are always around. All in all, not worth the $32 parking fee. We will not be staying here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Shelby Country Inn & RV Park