Nearby Solon, Iowa (Air Miles)
Lake Macbride N41.793 W -91.5661
June 2012

7   6   8
yes  question  question
June 2012
A nice state park, a little on the smaller side. To get turned around it is very tight. Sites are nice and level with not much privacy between you and your neighbors. I would probably not stay here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
October 2008
We stopped here for one night while traveling, sites were nicely laid out and fairly level. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
2003
I have only stayed at the Primitive campground. It's a nice open grassy area with lots of trees. It lies on a pretty good slope with most the flat sites are the bottom next to the lake. There are no hookups up here, but I have camped with my pop-up camper and have seen other travel trailers. The bathrooms are rather gross at this CG. Since it has no water the restrooms are stinky! The lake and surrounding trails are very nice. We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
September 2011

10   10   9
September 2011
This is one of the nicest parks we have stayed at in some time. Some of the sites have a million dollar view of the lake and all sites are pretty level with gravel. The road through the park is paved. There is lots and lots of well kept lawn throughout the park. Bathrooms/shower are extremely clean and very well kept. Camp hosts are the most friendly we have encountered in years and couldn't do enough to help us find the perfect site with probably the best view of the lake (#10). Other reviews of this park made us think there were full hook ups at every site, but there are only full hookups at only two sites. The rest of the sites have only electrical and our site had only 30amp service. There is a nice dump station and water for filling your tanks. Very highly recommend staying at this park. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2008
This is a beautiful state park, very quiet, neat and clean. I stayed here in September, and the weather was sunny with temps in the mid-70's every day. What a wonderful respite from the blazing heat of Texas which I'd endured for the past five months. I enjoyed every single day of the gorgeous weather. Most of the sites do not have sewer hookup but the one I had was right next to a shower facility and it DID have a sewer hookup. I suspected that it might have been a handicapped site, but did not see any signs to verify that this was the case. I was only allowed to stay there a maximum of two weeks but the office person there told me that I could switch from one loop to another and stay for another two weeks so keep that in mind if you want to stay longer than two weeks in the park. I had already made reservations to move down to Sugar Bottom which was closer to my work and so did not take her up on the offer. We camped here in a Motorhome.
2002
Very nicely situated campground on Coralville Lake. Lots of shade trees and sites were not crowded. There is a small swimming beach and boat launch area, along with a playground and horseshoe pits. The bathrooms and showers were immaculate - they always smelled clean and were clean. Close to many activities in the Iowa City area. This campground is quiet - no highway noise. Great for families. Most sites have a view of the lake. We camped here in a camper.
September 2010

9   8   9   10   8   5   10
yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question
yes  yes  question  yes  question  yes  question
September 2010
This is another great COE park. We stayed over Labor Day with friends and family. Our site was #56. Has paved roads, our site was gravel and fairly easy to level. Had lots of nice walk paths and very nice shower houses. We had chilly weather this weekend, but had a great time. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
May 2010
If there are water hook ups at sites here we were not aware of them. There are just water fountains centrally between many sites that could be hooked up to for a quick fill. The sites were among mature trees so there was great shade. Our site had lots of weeds but we were possibly some of the first campers of season. We had a nice view of the lake. There were 2 play areas near us, both geared towards the younger set (as in 7 and under). My older kids were not thrilled with the play area, however my 5 yr old was in heaven. The roads are paved so bike riding is good. Bathrooms and showers were private locked stalls in our area. This made it easier for families to use. Showers were powerful and hot! There are boat ramps located in campground so some extra traffic but not a problem. Lots of hills though and some sharp turn as an FYI. We'll camp here again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
September 2009
Very nice well maintained COE park. We stayed in an electric only for the first two nights and then moved to a full hookup first come first served site. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Sugar Bottom COE