Nearby Waukee, Iowa (Air Miles)
Rest Area On Ia I-80 At Mile Marker 118 Verified On 08/04
Cutty'S Des Moines Camping Club-10500 Nw 54Th
China Palace - Des Moin
Cosi Cucina Italian Gril
Brix - Clive
Adel Island City Park (Electric)
Walnut Woods State Park 8 E/20 Ne
1001 73Rd St
House Of Hunan - Des Moi
Science Center Of Iowa
The Mandarin
Christopher'S - Des Moin
Sams Club?I-235:3 1101 73Rd St (Located To Zip)
Jesse'S Embers
2014-08-22 23:29:23
Waukee, Iowa

question  yes  question  question  question  yes  yes  question  yes  yes
question  yes  question  question  question  yes  yes  question  yes  yes
Our experience has not been as positive as others who have stayed here. I believe that the particular site assigned, as well as the length of time one stays, makes a significant difference in the quality of the site. Once we indicated that we were staying just overnight, and then on our way, no full hookups were available. Water and electric only. A dump station is present on the campground. However, our site, #81, is raised, narrow and uneven, from front to back as well as from side to side. Difficult to get our coach leveled. A positive note is that the site is out in the open, allowing our satellite dish to lock on to a signal. I doubt that we would return unless nothing else was available. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Although this park gets very high marks from Good Sam, I'm not sure they are quite that high. The cleanliness of the central bathrooms is sketchy; although, the shower had good water pressure and was clean. The first site I was in (#3) was very narrow and sloped off steeply at the back. I was barely able to get my 32' rig to fit without excessive leveling assistance. Then I had to park my toad on that downward slope. The sites are quite narrow. I had to unhook before pulling in, even though sites are advertised as pull through. The sites in the row behind #3 appear to be fine. They are longer and more level. Ask for 16-20. Those appear to be the big rig sites they assign for FHU. There was another area for FHU up on the hill, but again those sites were very close together and not very long. WiFi was good. Pool was clean. It was nice and quiet until the tent campers came in on the weekend (Fri and Sat), and then the 10pm quiet time was not enforced. Loud noises until 12:30am. So it was a nice, pretty park--just not a 9, IMO. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Next door to shot gun range. I read reviews and asked questions about this campground. No one said anything about the shotgun range just on the other side of the tree line, yards away. When loud blasts began the first morning we were there, I actually thought we were under attack. I'm used to being around guns but since they will not tell you, I will. Other than that, it was a pretty place. A little crowded for Iowa, we thought. You look out your window and right into the next door neighbor's. Picnic tables barely fit between campers. Mature trees, well placed. Don't go into the tree lines. There's lots of poison ivy, oak and sumac. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Timberline Campground