Nearby Dodge City, Kansas (Air Miles)
Boot Hill Museum
Water Sports RV Park & Campground
2014-10-16 02:38:03
Dodge City, Kansas
September 2014

question  question  yes  question  yes  question  question  yes  question  question
question  question  yes  question  yes  question  question  question  question  question
September 2014
Nice clean secured park, level pull thru sights, WiFi worked great. Owners were very friendly and more than accommodating. I needed something faxed and they were able to do it from the office. I was very disappointed in the town of Dodge itself. I thought it was going to have a lot more historic things, which it did not. If I were to go thru Dodge ever again, I would definitely stay at Gunsmoke. We stayed there for two nights. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2014
We're currently camping at Gunsmoke on the outskirts of Dodge City. It's a pleasant enough place for an overnight stop: quiet and safe feeling. They lock the gates at 11 PM, but you can still get out in an emergency. The Wi-Fi is fine. My husband and I are using our two laptops on the Gunsmoke connection at the same time. Connections were quick and the service is speedy. We would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Playground equipment, pool, video game room. Outward appearance is kid friendly. Bathrooms are dated but clean with no excessive smell. Expensive for what you get. Wi-Fi is present, but very slow. Campground has a dated, dilapidated feel about the place. The grass that was sparse in previous reviews is now nonexistent or dead in the front half of the park (due to the ongoing drought, I assume). The pool is mostly clean, but in desperate need of repair to the surrounding concrete. There's a video game room, but the managers said that they needed to turn them on before we could use them, and didn't really seem interested in catering to us customers. The roads and pads are all sand and gravel, and feel like parking on the shoulder of the highway. Apparently this is the better of the campgrounds in Dodge, and that's a shame. The kids enjoyed themselves, but we probably won't stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Gunsmoke RV Park
October 2014

question  question  question  yes  yes  question  question  yes  yes  yes
question  question  question  yes  yes  question  question  yes  question  yes
October 2014
Rate reflects Passport America discount. This is not a park you would stay in for more than a few days. There is so much to see in Dodge City that you would want to be here at least 2 nights. You drive through a very seedy area, but the park is nice enough that it really doesn't matter. The owners are very nice. The Wi-Fi was excellent, also satellite reception perfect. They have some grass/gravel sites, a few trees and lots of room to walk the dog. We would stay again should we be in the area. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
There are permanent residents, but never felt unsafe, this is the working section of town, but every one friendly and working for a living. You drive through a Mexican portion of the town to get to the park. Not a big deal for us, it felt like any other town with lots of business and bakeries and restaurants. This park is very close to the Historic section of Dodge City. The lake is dried up, so don't count on seeing a lake. I liked the RV park because of its very close proximity to downtown Dodge City. Our motor home was not towing a car, and when I asked the lady at the office for recommendations to nearby restaurants she offered us the camp ground van for us to drive to the restaurants'. Now, that is a great service. Office staff was very friendly, and would remind us every time I went into the office about the free coffee was available for me. Office lady also told us to feel free to get change at the office for the laundry facilities. Laundry room had an iron to use. Wife said laundry room had three washers and two dryers. I would stay there again, when visiting the Dodge City Historic area. We camped here in a Motorhome.
The best thing about this park is it's proximity to downtown Dodge. Just blocks to downtown. The park is reasonably clean and well maintained. The operators are friendly and helpful. You do have to drive through a older lower class part of town with mobile homes to get to the park, but once you arrive the WiFi works great and the rates are reasonable. The on site laundry has plenty of newer washing machines to take care of your laundry needs. The adjoining lake that inspired the park's name has succumbed to the drought that has been affecting the great plains and has completely dried up. Not much the park owners can do about that. So leave your swimsuit and fishing pole at home. Picnic tables are provided at most sites, and although there are several poorer condition long-termers, I was quite comfortable here. This is not a resort park but unless you are a appearance snob this park will meet your needs for a place to stay in Dodge. I would stay again without any qualms. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Water Sports RV Park & Campground