220689 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Dodge City, Kansas (Air Miles)
Boot Hill Museum
Dodge City
Gunsmoke RV Park
2014-08-04 01:43:27
Dodge City, Kansas

yes  question  yes  question  question  yes  question  question  yes  question
yes  question  yes  question  question  question  question  question  yes  question
Playground equipment, pool, video game room. Outward appearance is kid friendly. Bathrooms are dated but clean with no excessive smell. Expensive for what you get. Wi-Fi is present, but very slow. Campground has a dated, dilapidated feel about the place. The grass that was sparse in previous reviews is now nonexistent or dead in the front half of the park (due to the ongoing drought, I assume). The pool is mostly clean, but in desperate need of repair to the surrounding concrete. There's a video game room, but the managers said that they needed to turn them on before we could use them, and didn't really seem interested in catering to us customers. The roads and pads are all sand and gravel, and feel like parking on the shoulder of the highway. Apparently this is the better of the campgrounds in Dodge, and that's a shame. The kids enjoyed themselves, but we probably won't stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
This RV park is right off Hwy 50 and easy to access for an overnight or to visit DC. The WiFi is excellent as well as the cable. Not all of their pull-thru sites in the back section are 50 amp, so we had to take a 50 amp back-in site that was in the front section next to the road. A train comes by at least twice a night and sounds like it's coming thru your camper. If you are noise sensitive, I would recommend making sure you can get a site in the back section. The train and road noise would be tolerable. We would stay here again only if we could get a site in the back section. We camped here in a Motorhome.
No dog park but plenty of room to walk them around, nice pool, good pool, gravel sites. They park the RV at every other site, if they didn't it would be very narrow sites. Nice playground and tent area. Convenient to dodge city. Came across a harmless snake walking the dog. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Gunsmoke RV Park

question  question  yes  yes  question  question  yes  yes  yes  yes
question  question  yes  yes  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes
There are permanent residents, but never felt unsafe, this is the working section of town, but every one friendly and working for a living. You drive through a Mexican portion of the town to get to the park. Not a big deal for us, it felt like any other town with lots of business and bakeries and restaurants. This park is very close to the Historic section of Dodge City. The lake is dried up, so don't count on seeing a lake. I liked the RV park because of its very close proximity to downtown Dodge City. Our motor home was not towing a car, and when I asked the lady at the office for recommendations to nearby restaurants she offered us the camp ground van for us to drive to the restaurants'. Now, that is a great service. Office staff was very friendly, and would remind us every time I went into the office about the free coffee was available for me. Office lady also told us to feel free to get change at the office for the laundry facilities. Laundry room had an iron to use. Wife said laundry room had three washers and two dryers. I would stay there again, when visiting the Dodge City Historic area. We camped here in a Motorhome.
The best thing about this park is it's proximity to downtown Dodge. Just blocks to downtown. The park is reasonably clean and well maintained. The operators are friendly and helpful. You do have to drive through a older lower class part of town with mobile homes to get to the park, but once you arrive the WiFi works great and the rates are reasonable. The on site laundry has plenty of newer washing machines to take care of your laundry needs. The adjoining lake that inspired the park's name has succumbed to the drought that has been affecting the great plains and has completely dried up. Not much the park owners can do about that. So leave your swimsuit and fishing pole at home. Picnic tables are provided at most sites, and although there are several poorer condition long-termers, I was quite comfortable here. This is not a resort park but unless you are a appearance snob this park will meet your needs for a place to stay in Dodge. I would stay again without any qualms. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
January 2014
This was my first stop in living in my camper and I was very pleased with the park. It was clean and quite. While the mobile home park adjacent to the park is older it was quiet. It may not be the most scenic place but I would highly recommend it to others. Staff was great and shower/bathrooms were very clean and comfortable. The washer and dryers worked great and inexpensive. The only negative is a burned out camper still sitting in the middle of the park. No watersports anymore also. I stayed 2 weeks. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Water Sports RV Park & Campground