Nearby Parsons, Kansas (Air Miles)
Iron Horse Museum

6   9   8
yes  question  question
yes  question  question
September 2012
I know where the park's name comes from since it was a "Marvel" I found the place. My GPS brought me in the back way, but upon leaving I left what was the correct entrance off of Main St. Price has gone up since the other reviews but that is to be expected. It is quiet and maybe a third of the sites offer shade depending where the sun is. The restrooms/showers involved a bit of a hike but were OK. I'd rate it higher but some long-term residents detracted from the setting. We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2009
I've camped at a number of city parks, and this is one of the nicer ones. While the entrance to Marvel City Park is on main street, the campground is a good distance from the highway so it's quiet and secluded. The park is very clean and well maintained. It's well worth the $5 camping fee. For $1.50 you can use the city swimming pool complex (pool, slides and showers- open during the summer) located in the adjoining city park, within walking distance of the campground. Stay limit is now 7 days. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
September 2007
Yes, $5!! This is a city park, but a very well kept facility. 12 large RV sites, all with 30 amp and water. It's right behind the football stadium, so the weekends could be possibly loud. We camped mid-week and all of the ball fields were dark by 9:30. This is located in the Marvel City Park, on Main street just about 7 blocks east of downtown. Dump station right on sight. Good power and water. Very RV friendly. 10 night maximum stay. Restaurants and stores are very close. Very quiet area, well maintained, and we'll definitely stop-over again as we travel through southeast Kansas. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.