Nearby WaKeeney, Kansas (Air Miles)
Rest Area On Ks I-70 At Mile Marker 131 Verified On 08/02
Kansas
WaKeeney
WaKeeney / Hays KOA
2014-07-02 03:24:16
WaKeeney, Kansas

question  yes  yes  yes  question  question  yes  question  question  yes
question  yes  yes  yes  question  question  yes  question  question  yes
Office staff very difficult at best.. Very tight roads make it hard to maneuver a 40' RV. Close to I-70 so a fair amount of freeway noise. Wi-Fi was very weak. Overall not worth the price. We camped here in a Motorhome.
We like this KOA and have stayed here twice before the present owners who took it over in 2009 and two times since then. The owners are friendly, helpful and truly seem to care that people have an enjoyable stay. The restrooms and showers are spotless. There is an ice cream social at night and pancakes for breakfast. We have never been bothered with any noise on I-70.The sites are gravel but level. We will always stay here when traveling in this area. We camped here in a Truck Camper.
I gave this a high rating because it is exactly what I hoped and expected it to be -- a good way station to spend the night in the middle of nowhere. The hookups were easy, the people were nice, the bathrooms were spotless. There is freeway noise but that calms down late at night because there isn't a lot of traffic going through the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night! A perfect place to stop and regroup when driving across Kansas, midway between KC and Denver. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for WaKeeney / Hays KOA