206626 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Crittenden, Kentucky (Air Miles)
Country Grill
Crittenden
Cincinnati South Campground
2013-08-18 09:54:29
Crittenden, Kentucky

yes  question  question  yes  question  question  question  question  question  question
question  question  question  yes  question  question  question  question  question  question
At first, we thought we had found the perfect campground - the site was easily accessible and quite large. It had everything we look for - large very level site, nice shade, large area for picnic table, firepit was far from the front door of the rig, lots of space for the dogs to stretch out. Sites are gravel, no cement patios. The list of rules includes being forbidden to put rugs or carpets down on the grass, because it "ruins" the grass. We could have lived with that, I suppose, but what you don't see - or hear - until you're parked is that there are train tracks less than 50 feet from the edge of the property. After we were set up, the first train went by... we asked the owner how often they run and received a laconic "I'm not sure... I don't even here them anymore." Which may or may not be true, but I will tell you they run every 20 minutes or so - ALL NIGHT LONG. I don't think this campground gets much business anyway, because a closer look the next day showed that most of the sites had as much grass growing through the gravel as the actual "grass" part of the sites did. I would not camp here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Pretty park. Owner is very nice and helpful. Too bad he had to park most rigs right next to one another even though there were lots of empty spaces. Laundry room is small and cramped, but adequate. Too bad that this is so close to I-75 and the most active railroad tracks we've ever experienced. Appreciated the Escapee rate. Stayed a week, but probably will only stay here again for a night or two due to the road and train noise. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
May 2013
Very big rig friendly. The pull-through lot was huge and we had plenty of space left over even with the tow still hooked up. No auto level needed. The staff was very friendly and nice and gave us driving directions. However, the bad news. I was very surprised that this was a Good Sam Park. I imagine back in it's day, this park was a real beauty. However, all the gardens were grown over. It just looked tired. Also, and this can't be helped, it was the noisiest campground that we have ever stayed in. It is located between a railroad track and a very busy freeway. The train didn't bother us one bit but the noise coming off the freeway prevented us from staying outside very long. This seems to be more of a one night, passing through kind of place and not the place to spend a weekend. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Cincinnati South Campground