Nearby Chatham, Louisiana (Air Miles)
Caney Creek Lake Spcg

10   9   8   8   10
yes  yes  question  yes  yes
yes  yes  question  yes  yes
July 2011
Very pretty. Peaceful on the weekdays, but busy on weekends. Clean everywhere. Big pads and nice sites. Private. Can't see into each others sites. Lots of space. Great shade. I will be back on a weekday. Water views are great. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
March 2011
We absolutely loved camping here at Jimmie Davis. Caney Lake is so peaceful and serene. They have new piers for boat docking and fishing. All of us were sad when it was time to go. Staff was friendly and the park was immaculate. As with most state parks, you are not camping on top of anyone else, so you have your privacy. The only thing missing is a swimming pool and canoe rental for those who can't tow a boat. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
June 2010
Have stayed here twice in the past two months. If you want the feel of being in the woods of north Louisiana, this is your place. The parking spaces on the back half of the loop are secluded, full of shade and quiet. Have not stayed close to the lake yet; but then again I have liked the solitude of the sites I have been in. Since I live in Shreveport this is only an 1:30/1:45 drive. I plan on making it one of my regular campgrounds. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Jimmie Davis State Park