206925 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Hammond, Louisiana (Air Miles)
Southeastern Louisiana Uni
Punkin Park Campground
2014-04-10 22:17:00
Hammond, Louisiana
October 2013

question  question  question  question  question  question  question  yes  yes  yes
question  question  question  question  no  question  question  yes  yes  yes
October 2013
This park has easy access from I-10/I-55, yet there was little road noise. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The sites were mostly level and very nice. We would use this park again if in the area. Our price reflects Good Sam discount. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Big rig friendly might be an overstatement. We camped here for a few days in a 42 RV. The roads are extremely narrow and the sites difficult to get into due to trees and the narrow road. The park is past it's glory days. While the brochure states there is Putt Putt, this clearly has not been there for many years. If you are simply passing through in a smaller RV you might be okay. Larger RV's might want to find a different site. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
August 2012
Friendly staff, need to maintain their electrical pedestals as 50 amp receptacle was broken, had wasp nest under cover and tight sites. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Calloway RV and Campground
March 2014

yes (Stream)
question  question  question  question  yes  no  question  no  question  question
March 2014
The price reflects PPA one night. The office gal was wonderful. She gave us different directions from I-12 that only was two miles off the highway. Much better than our GPS of 10 miles. Parking is on grass. The sites are all large. The stream is a wonderful addition. Even though it is only the end of March, we noticed mosquitoes. Big picnic area. We were only here one night so we did not have the opportunity to check out the pool or beach. We would stay here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
April 2013
Beautiful, woodsy, peacocks, walking trail along river, good overnight PPA park. Layout was confusing but office was helpful. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2012
I arrived here in a torrential downpour only to find that the sites i was given to choose from were actually located in a field. A field of mud. A field of mud covered in about 3 to 6 inches of water. I wasn't going to drive 25,000 pounds of rig into a muddy swamp, lay a 50 amp cord in the water then plug it into a very tenuous looking outlet. I doubt a tow truck could have gotten me out of there after "settling in" all night. I chose to ask for a refund which was happily and understandably provided to me. The staff was also helpful in providing directions to find my way back to the highway as this place is 10 miles back into the swamps of Hammond. I would not recommend any big rig stay at this park. It is more for campers or locals looking for a place to gather for the weekend. Friendly staff kept it from being a total disaster. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Hidden Oaks Family Campground
February 2008

1   5   10   9
no  question  question  yes
no  question  question  yes
February 2008
Advisory! The park website is closed. The KOA website no longer lists the Park. Telephone number gives a Fax signal. Conclusion is the park is no longer in existence We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2003
A very friendly staff that will work with you, very clean CG. Easy Access from/to I-55 or I-10. I stayed here 2 nights as a pre-stadging area for a Hurricane evacuation. They allowed me to stay an extra half day with out charging me, probably because they had sparse business and the oncoming hurricane. The interior roads and conrete pads are excellent. The lake is nice. Little shade but several new trees were planted. My site was along the road and quiet until a truck or car went by. Not much traffic but you will know it when one goes by. Across the street was an apartment house. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
2002
Great campground! Very clean, beautiful lakefront sites! A little difficult to follow signs from interstate, but other than that, perfect camping. Great restaurant next door! Highly recommend We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for New Orleans / Hammond KOA

question  question  question  question  yes  question  question  question  question  yes
question  question  question  question  yes  question  question  question  question  question
This is not the worst in the world but it is trying. The roads not impassable but are rough and pot-holed. My electrical box was a thing to behold and fear. You are almost on the shoulder of the interstate and you think the 18 wheelers are coming through the window. Two good points, it has pull-through sites if you are done driving for the day and need a place to stop. Secondly, it’s close to Campingworld. We camped here in a Motorhome.
January 2013
Great spot for us close to family in Hammond. Road going in is narrow as previously noted, but it is very lightly traveled. The entrance is tight but not a problem for careful drivers. The interior roads need a lot of work, many potholes filled with water on this visit. Place can get muddy when saturated by heavy rain as on our visit this time. Sewers are on septic system and our site had a problem, possibly caused by the recent frequent heavy rains. We had no problems on past visits. Our price is based on a weekly rate. We have used the park before but it is not really a "destination" park. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2012
Do not consider this park if you have an RV over 36 ft. Especially if you have a tow. The road to the park is very narrow as is the entrance. The park is also very close to the Interstate, so is noisy. Gravel/grass sites with low spots that collect water when it rains which then become muddy. Lots of permanents. The lake is nice to walk your dog but we will not stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Punkin Park Campground