Nearby Jarreau, Louisiana (Air Miles)
2050 False River Dr
Oakley Plantation House
Catalpa Plantation
Cottage Plantation
Reliable Mobile & Rv S
Wal-Marti-10:151 2808 Court St (Located To Block)
Love'S
October 2010

question  question
question  question
October 2010
I was stopped at the door when I asked if tenters were allowed. So much for "warm Cajun hospitality." Owner said there were no bathrooms to accommodate tenters. If you are a tent camper, don't bother driving to this hard to find place: it's a waste of time. We camped here in a Tent.
October 2006
Fall 2006 - We lived here for 2 months while renovating our home 12 miles away. The owners are very friendly & live on-site. They were building a new convenience store/office while we were there, and it was finished about the time we left. All gravel with some grass. There's a center road with sites on both sides. One side is on a bayou that leads to False River (actually an 11 mile long lake) which has great fishing and water sports (skiing). The bayou side has a wood deck/boardwalk. There's a boat launch that I think is free for campers, and a covered place to clean your fish. There are several long-timers, or maybe permanent residents on the bayou side. There are some living there because they're working in the area. When I walked my dog, I found lots of other doggie droppings (I pick up behind my dog), so I don't think they enforce the clean-up rule. Other than fishing from the deck, there's really nothing for kids to do. Too hard to ride a bike on gravel. But we weren't there for recreation, just to sleep. I don't remember the nightly rate. We paid $300 a month - included utilities and cable. I'm writing this several months after staying there. I think they have probably made more additions and improvements since then. I would recommend this place to others. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.