Nearby La Place, Louisiana (Air Miles)
1616 W Airline Hwy

1   2   1   2   7   5
question  no  question  question  question  question
question  no  question  question  question  question
March 2012
I always like to judge a park for myself, but will never again ignore the reviews of other campers on this site. I have learned my lesson. I would give this park a MINUS 5 if the rating was available. We travel 10 months out of the year, have stayed in many RV parks (good and bad) but I can honestly say that this is the first park on our list we will never return to. There are multiple reasons but the main ones are the rudeness of the hosts. They were very condescending and treated us like we were criminals. The long check in process that includes every license plate on your rig (which is not a problem), but then they want everyone's driver license that is staying in the RV and make copies of them. That is an IDENTITY THEFT ALERT. They can trace you through license plate numbers. Your drivers license is not needed and provides to much info (ie. DOB), nor do you need the copies of your personal info to be floating around. After you complete this long process that includes the hostess "reading the rules to you", you are escorted to your assigned site (no,you don't get to look first). Then they tell you where to park on the site, so the sewer is UNDERNEATH, and watch you crawl under to hook it up. I highly recommend that you choose a truck stop or a parking lot before staying here. The other reviewers pegged it. We camped here in a Motorhome.
November 2010
I agree with the post: "Absolutely the worst place I have ever stayed. I can't believe that people you give money to can be so rude." However I was able to use a credit card. And the receipt they gave me did have their name and number on it. The hookups for power and water are located at the rear and the sewer was kind of under my RV on the door side. And yes "The place is well kept but the rudeness over rides that as well." The noise of the trains all day and night, water and power going on and off. The owner/manager lied to me as well, stupid stuff but a liar is a liar! We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
October 2009
Absolutely the worst place we have ever stayed. I can't believe that people you give money to can be so rude. They only accept cash, (something fishy there)a problem to those of us who need to use credit or debit cards for record keeping. The receipt they give you does not have their name or number on it (again, something fishy)so you can't really prove that you were ever there. The hookups for power, sewer and water are located at the rear so you have to have longer than usual hookup parts. The place is well kept but the rudeness over rides that. The owner/manager lied to us, we wanted to leave early but they would not give us a refund. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for LaPlace Trailer & RV Park LLC