Nearby Kingfield, Maine (Air Miles)
Sugarloaf Usa Ski Area

8   7   5   1   6
yes  no  no  question  yes
yes  no  no  question  yes
May 2012
This is a nice remote campground. It is owned and operated by a very nice, older couple. Most of the camp maintenance was done by the seasonal campers. Camp facilities are good and clean, just missing some TLC, (paint, appearance qualities). There is a long hill climb on the road to this campground. A short walk to several mountain ponds. We look forward to staying here again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
September 2009
Rustic and off the beaten path describes this Park. In the fall of the year, the shaded sites seemed really dark. It is possible for big rigs to navigate the Park, but it must be done carefully. The dump is at the back of the Park and not on the way out. There is a comfy gathering room: complete with couches, TV, books, wood stove and gameroom. The laundry is adequate. A short walk takes you to a charming little pond (boats, kayaks, swimming etc.) with loons in residence. There is no internet access. Friendly owners are on site. The bathrooms and showers need a bit more cleaning. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
August 2009
Spent 2 nights here: very, very quiet which I liked. Campers were mostly seasonals. Maintenance levels are low and detract from the overall experience. Bathrooms were old: peeling paint, buggy, sluggy and just unpleasant. I would not use the shower. You get the impression that the owners make just enough money from the seasonals to get by and either have nothing left or no desire to improve the campground for "transient" traffic. I don't want organized activities, dances, games etc., but I do want a clean and tidy campground. Our site was level although small and we overlooked a neighbor: luckily he went to bed early and didn't "smoke" us out with his campfire. The playground had a lot of rusty tonka toys which is not what I would want my children to play with. I feel bad to write this as the people were nice. If I were a seasonal user, and all-contained (shower, bathroom), I might consider this place, but I would not return as an occasional. We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
Display older reviews for Deer Farm Camps & Campground