Nearby Phippsburg, Maine (Air Miles)
Popham Beach State Park
Phippsburg, Maine
June 2011

yes (Ocean)
June 2011
This place is a jewel for those who just want to primitive camp in a beautiful environment. We own a 5th wheel but bought a tent just so we could camp there. Beautiful surroundings, nature and clean but rough bath facilities are the only amenities. We camped off season, first come first served. We had a million dollar view, and spent two days kayaking, hiking and just vegging. We met other campers who had been coming to this place since they were children and now come with their own families. The only suggestion that I have for the owners is to update the baths and add a shower or two in the more remote reaches if possible. There are no bad sites. We camped here in a Tent.

no  question  question  yes  question  no  yes  question  question  question
no  question  question  yes  question  question  yes  question  question  question
We stayed here after viewing website and were a bit let down when we pulled in. It was a hot day the dingy office was not air conditioned and a bit dusty, the employees were nice but it just looked a bit run down for the price they charged. The roads were all dirt with loose rock pot holes and that's just the maybe 100 yards into the park I did not have to go past that to my site. I could not get level no matter how hard I tried.But as I looked around I was not the only unlevel camper. At 50 plus a nite just to park for the nite I was a bit annoyed. The bathroom we always check to see how they are. We both said rv showers tonight.The pool was ok, patched here and there but clean. At 830 am I was waken by chain saw by workmen getting fire wood, I thought your kidding me and he went at it for some time. Not many choices in this area to camp. Just feel its fair to ok at best. If I had to shower or use their bathrooms I may feel is less then fair but I did not use them. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Tough to rate. One workcamper and the owner were extremely rude. Several other RV'ers claimed similar experiences. Other workcampers were friendly. The lobster dinner was great. Interior roads are very rough. Lots of dirt & dust all the time. We would not stay here again, but may come by for the lobster. We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2012
The park was OK, but the staff was not. They had problems finding our reservations and then were extremely rude both when we arrived and again when we were leaving. We had issues with the electricity and they tried to blame it on our unit. They had to change their attitude when they discovered it was indeed their equipment! We had 2 sites and none of us will return! We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Meadowbrook Camping Area