206673 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Presque Isle, Maine (Air Miles)
Mc Cluskey'S Trailer S
2013-10-13 10:39:24
Presque Isle, Maine
October 2013

7   8   8   7   5   5
yes  question  yes  yes  question  yes
question  question  yes  yes  question  yes
October 2013
We were the only camper in the park as all the seasonals had just left. To say it was quite was an understatement. The park itself was excellent the reason for the low rating was the access road. Very steep, winding road with ruts. Had I not had a large engine vehicle, I would have had a very difficult time getting up and down the access road. My site was next to a large open grassy area leading to the playground, very spacious. Only Wi-Fi access was down at the office area so none at the site. Wonderful owners and very helpful. I would stay here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Nicely situated on a hillside overlooking the Aroostook River. This is farm country. Lots of potato farms. Also lots of Amish settlements. Canoe & kayak rental, plus a put-in service. Sites are large and grassy. The roads are dirt, and in need of repair; but, they work if you take the pot holes easy. Ours was a 30 amp FHU (#50): very nice. Would stay again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Very nice location with nice views. Some of the grass sites will take a little extra wood under a motorhome to get level but worth it. Showers were very powerful and clean. The store was sparse on food but just before you get to the campground there are some big food stores. I wish I had stayed there another day or two so that I could have taken a tour of the historic town. The person checking us in was very nice. We camped here in a MH and the tent sites looked like some of the best I've seen during the past 3 weeks ( of a 10 week trip ) traveling from AZ to ME and Canada .I have a 35 ft MH and didn't find the roads in the park hard to manage. I would like to stay here again We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Arndt's Aroostook River Lodge & Campground

10   7   8   7
yes  yes  yes  yes
yes  yes  yes  yes
I just returned from this state park, and I can definitely say that it is now my favorite. The sites are large and private, the bath house spotless, the rangers all friendly and helpful, and the kitchen shelter is a really nice touch. We were there during the week, and there were, maybe, six other campers in the whole park, but on Friday night it just about filled up. It is a small park, with only 30 sites, and is very quiet and peaceful. On Saturday morning some of the staff hosted a coffee social, which was fun. They rent canoes and kayaks for use on the small, but pretty lake. In the middle of the night I heard a loon calling. All in all, a very special place way up in "The County" in Maine. We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
Very nice place. Rangers are super helpful. Sites are nice and large. Website descriptions are right on. Beach is just a short walk. One warning - there is no dump station. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
June 2011
This is a small state park campground that caters more to tents and pop-ups than to RV's and motorhomes. That being said, there are several sites large enough to accommodate larger fifth wheels and MH's. No hook-ups of any kind. The campground entry road (1/2 mile) is steep and a bit rough, but the distance to the campground is short. The campground is heavily wooded and shady. In addition to outhouses in the campground, they have a very nice showerhouse with five rooms. Three of the rooms contain showers, sinks and toilets, and are large enough for a parent to use with children. The other two rooms (also quite large) have sinks and toilets only. The showerhouse was spotlessly clean. The park is on a beautiful lake, and rents canoes and kayaks very cheaply. There are some good hiking trails, including a climb of Quaggy Jo mountain's South and North Peaks. Maine residents pay $10 plus tax, while out-of-state pays $20 plus tax. The town of Presque Isle is only about 10 minutes away, and offers all services and shopping that one might need. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Aroostook State Park

The owners were wonderful. Our 36' 15 Ton RV got stuck in the grass because of much rainfall & the owner provided crushed rock & pulled us onto the asphalt with his JD Tractor. The bathroom was clean & it is high on a hill for cool breezes & big views. And the moose hang out right across the street down the hill! We camped here in a Motorhome.