206564 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Waterford, Maine (Air Miles)
Maurice Restaurant Franca
August 2011

yes  yes  yes  no  question  yes  no  no  yes  yes
yes  yes  yes  no  question  yes  no  no  yes  yes
August 2011
This is a well kept family campground. The sites are cleaned and raked prior to your stay. Lots of activities for the kids. Our site had very good wooded spacing. Some others were closer. The negative is Rt 118 splits the campground. This required us to cross over to get to many of the activities and facilities. Not the safest situation for children. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
July 2011
This place was great! A little more than we normally pay, but there were a ton of offerings. Live bird of prey presentations, beach parties, kickball and activities for the kids. Bathrooms were very clean, the staff was great. The pool was clean and everything was really well managed. If I had to find a gripe it would be about the campers from away who were loud after quiet hours (11 p.m.) but that was addressed. If you have kids this should be high on your list of places to go. We can't wait to get back. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
June 2010
Just came back from another great stay at Papoose Pond. My family and I have been coming here off and on since I was a kid. Our stay has never been better! We stayed in a Camperlodge cabin. The cabins look just like they did when I was a kid, but they seem to take good care of them. In fact, this year we I think we had new mattresses. Last year there was a new shower stall and our firepit had a brand new fireplace. My daughter and I love the tie-dying activity as well as the carousel. They’re serious about closed toed shoes, though! Make sure you pack a pair or you’ll be making a trip to Wal-Mart like we did to buy a cheap pair. My son and husband love the canoe trips down the Crooked River. They also start each morning with a swim in the pond out to the raft. We usually swim in the smaller beach by the fishing lagoon because it is so close to our site. The water is clean and the beach is nice with a sandy bottom for the first twenty feet or so, then it gets a little mucky. Our “city folk” friends prefer the pool though, so when they camp with us, we swim in the pool instead. The snack bar is adequate and the store is fine. I think the boat rental rates are reasonable. We didn’t use the bathhouses this trip because we had a cabin, but we have used them in the past and they have always been clean. In fact, the whole place seems spotless! Last year we counted five different people on staff stop to pick up trash or wrappers on the ground. They all seem to have a stake in making the campground clean and family friendly. By the end of the week, the counselors say hi to my kids by name and we seem to have enough coupons for free Slushies to last all whole week! I guess that’s why we keep coming back year after year. The only complaint was from a couple of years ago when it took me over three hours to dry one load of towels! By the time I returned last year though, the dryer had been replaced and the new one worked just fine. Overall, Papoose Pond continues to be in our top three campgrounds. So far this year it’s at number one! We camped here in a Campground Cabin.
Display older reviews for Papoose Pond Resort & Campground