206705 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby St. François Xavier, Manitoba (Air Miles)
Assiniboia Downs
2013-09-30 13:52:21
St. François Xavier, Manitoba

yes (River)
8   5   9   7   4   9   4   8   3
yes  question  yes  question  question  yes  question  question  question
question  question  yes  question  question  yes  question  question  question
Rate includes tax and value card discount. Nice long and wide site that was reasonably level. Strong Wi-Fi and received several digital channels over air. Site services were acceptable with only negative being damaged sewer cap. Attention to lawn mowing would make campground look better. Some road noise, but not out of the ordinary. If instead of your own facilities you rely on the washrooms and showers a little walk, but not out of the way. Discount on fuel for campers. No reason not to stay here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
I had to set aside my refusal to stay at KOA's as this was the only thing available in the area. You check in at the gas station. I had a pull through site with 30 amp service. The pull through was pretty long! Sites are all white gravel. Gravel was so white that when I looked out the window after taking a nap, I thought it had snowed! Temporary insanity. There is some grass between the sites, with adequate spacing. My site was rather level, didn't take much for my stabilizers to get it. I saw an elderly couple use the pool, so I'm guessing the pool temperature was acceptable. Surprised the pool was still open, but it was rather warm today. No cable. My JACK antenna picked up seven Canadian channels, but two of the channels were duplications, so basically five channels. I had trouble connecting to the WiFi from Site 28. But after I walked to the gas station and asked for help, my laptop stayed connected, no problem. Depending on where you are in the park, you get a selection of three WiFi networks of which two require passwords and the third is a "free" access. If you don't have satellite or don't like what is offered on Canadian TV, there is a Country Store about a mile away that sells a wide selection of used DVD's. KOA's are rather pricey and this was cheap for a KOA. (On the other hand, I can't wait to see what the Canada to US currency translation on my credit card ends up being.) We camped here in a Motorhome.
Lovely campsites, well treed, close to the river. The owners have done many upgrades and have put in a swimming pool, new laundry facilities. They are very friendly and accommodating. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Winnipeg West KOA