Nearby Berlin, Maryland (Air Miles)
11416 Ocean Gateway
2014-08-24 22:59:19
Berlin, Maryland
October 2013

yes (Ocean)
yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  question  question  question  yes
yes  yes  question  yes  question  question  question  question  question  question
October 2013
Great place, nice paved sites that will accommodate any size rig. Our rate reflects a seniors National Park pass. We travel in a 40' fifth wheel with a generator. Very quiet with great walking and biking areas, not far to Ocean City area. Sites are very large with fire rings. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Not much that I can add that hasn't been said before. Well run, friendly rangers, beautiful beach right over the dunes. Liked the visitor center, hated the occasional bug. Like the ponies, annoyed at times by the wind. Great dry camping. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
We booked the National Park because we could not get into the Maryland State Park. The campsite was on the bay side- and the bugs were bad. The park is very clean and nice, but it is a minimalist park- the bathrooms and showers are not as big and are not as nice as the Maryland State Park they are clean- but not fancy. Try to get oceanfront reservations- the prevailing winds are off the ocean and the bugs are not a problem on the Oceanside. I would however highly recommend this park. This place is a treasure. The National Park annual pass is a deal even if you are day visitor- with the pass you pay one price for any National Park entry for the year. We were in a motorhome so the bathrooms did not matter as much. The dumping station is easy access and not very busy (the neighboring state park the dump station had a waiting line). We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Assateague Island National Seashore

yes (Ocean)
yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes
Pretty much the best campground I have ever visited. Staff was extremely courteous and accommodating, even when Wi-Fi was out and I need to access my office. A staff member in the office was kind enough to allow me access on his desk top. Truly exceptional guest service. The general manager took the time to answer my review on their web site. Not computer generated, but done personally by her. Again, a good sign of being concerned for their guests' opinions. We will definitely return. The price was high but was well worth it. I continue to tell everyone about the excellent guest experience the provide. A true model of hospitality. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
What can I say. It is a fantastic campground. My review is for the Club Castaways section. Our site was more than spacious enough and the amenities can't be beat nor can the location. We especially liked the tiki bar :) I guess my only "complaint" was that we picked up some black ants while we were there. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Very nice campground but overpriced. Good Sam discounts not honored for less than week stays. We had spot 96 near bathhouse. Nice paved roads and gravel spots, but no shade trees. Wifi was spotty - strong signal but too many people connected. Bathrooms could really use an update. Showers were dirty at night. Water temps were NOT adjustable! Always HOT! Not refreshing when it's already warm out. Plus you had to keep pushing the knob for about 30 seconds worth of water. Very annoying. Pool was nice but small. Store was well stocked and had good food. Didn't use beach. Music was nice at tiki hut area, but sure glad I wasn't close enough to hear it all the time! Surprised to see a nice dog wash area but disappointed that it cost $5 to use. Golf carts were all over the place, but really unnecessary. I recommend this campground, but I will try to find a cheaper option next time I'm in town. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Castaways RV Resort & Campground