Nearby Brunswick, Maryland (Air Miles)
Harpers Ferry National
Appalachian National Sce
96 Patrick Henry Way
Old South Mountain Inn
Antietam National Battle
Wal-Marti-70:54 7400 Guilford Dr (Located To Street)
Crystal Grottoes Caverns
Brown Pelican
Frederick National Histor
Laurel Brigade Inn
Leesburg Colonial Inn -
950 Edwards Ferry Rd Ne (Located To Block)
Green Tree
Loudoun County Museum
Rest Area On Md I-70 At Mile Marker 39 Unverified.
Maryland
Brunswick
Brunswick Family Campground
2014-04-05 01:29:21
Brunswick, Maryland

yes (River)
question  yes  question  no  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  no
question  yes  question  no  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  no
We arrived in Brunswick and it was necessary to go over 2 railroad tracks and down a mile long road along the river to get to the campground. This road and the roads within the park are "horrible". It was like a washboard and had numerous potholes all along it. The park host was out somewhere in the park so we had to track him down. Sites were not level at all and we encountered more potholes getting to them. I would not recommend this campground to anyone. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2012
I want badly to be able to give a higher rating because overall we really enjoyed our time here this weekend; however, there were just a couple of points to bring down the score. First, the good stuff: this place is perfect for those who really love the outdoors. Although we weren't sitting right on the river, we were perfectly close enough in our C6 campsite. There were little trails down through the woods (between 20 and 50 yards) to the river where you could fish or put in a kayak or canoe. Our site had water and electric although the hook-up was on the 'wrong' side, so bring an extension cord. Our daughter loved riding her bike along the quiet 'streets' of the campground - very level. There is a proper boat ramp for real boaters and a playground for the kids. They were just putting on the finishing touches to the neat store (in a bus!), which had ice cream and camp necessities. My husband claims the bathroom had the biggest, hottest campground shower he's ever had - newly renovated and painted. (I used our camper's, so I can't tell you about the ladies'.) OK - so, the negatives: by far the worst is the noise of the railroad and yard at night - I usually have a tolerance for these kinds of things, but in the dead of the night, that train horn, rail crossing bell, and other loud yard work woke us up multiple times. I'm not sure that earplugs or the sound of AC would have helped me, but my husband swears he'll prepare for next time and be fine. Also, there is a LOT of mud throughout the campground. Be sure to bring shoes that you can easily take off at the entrance of your tent/camper. And, lastly, if you are depending on the bath-house and are on the "A" side of the camp, be prepared for a walk or a short drive. I think the new management should consider investing in another bath-house on the other side. Other than that, I think we will return in the summer to tube from the 17 bridge down to the camp and to get some river fishing in! We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
August 2012
This was a great park. Getting there you travel over 2 railroad tracks and a narrow road along the river, which was a little narrow but wide enough for our motorhome and still had enough space for bicyclists that passed. We camped in a site overlooking the Potomac River and enjoyed it immensely. Shade trees in Section A runs along the exterior of the park so if you want shade, ask for it The management has recently changed and the park is now much cleaner and more well kept than before. We would definitely camp here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Brunswick Family Campground