219848 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Little Orleans, Maryland (Air Miles)
Sideling Hill Exhibit C
Berkeley Springs State
Maryland
Little Orleans
Little Orleans Campground & Park Area
2011-06-22 19:38:05
Little Orleans, Maryland
June 2011

yes  no  yes  yes  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes
question  no  yes  yes  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes
June 2011
We stayed here from Thursday to Sunday. The sites were wide and clean in the woods. The staff was great from check in to check out. We will come back. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
May 2010
We stayed here over Memorial Day weekend. The office staff was very friendly and they had a nice pool and playground, but this place still left much to be desired. This campground has very little sites for transients and most of the 200+ sites are for permanent trailer residents. The sites also have very little privacy and we had to back our trailer in facing the main road loop. There was a lot of traffic noise due to the major road that was located behind our site, and the loud trucks, ATVs, and golf carts cruising the transient loop. Although the two pools and playground afforded some time away from the campsite, there really wasn't much room or privacy to enjoy our site. From crying babies to listening to vehicles drive around all night, you would think they would at least try to enforce the quiet hours. Granted you can't really stop a crying baby but there's a problem when you can see all your neighbors clear as day, camping around you. Unfortunately the only time we saw any staff was upon checking in or when we had to go to the store. By the look of the bathrooms, the staff wasn't around to clean them up as well. They were dirty and had very little privacy in both men and women showers. Communal in the mens and no changing stall for the women. They did have some activities planned for the holiday weekend but when the actually day came, no one was on staff. This meant that the store and pool weren't opened. So the day in which most people enjoy the first weekend of the pool being open: nobody was here to let people use the two pools. Too bad because it would have been nice to take a dip when the temps hit 90 degrees. Overall we tried to make the best of it, but we will not be returning to this campground. PS: The 6 miles it takes to get to this campground off the interstate, is a very curvy and mountainous road. Plan on taking it slow. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
July 2009
I am very picky about where I camp. I do not want to be on top of my neighbor and I long for a peaceful setting. I look for a break to recharge my batteries. This campground fulfilled that and more. The staff were friendly, and helpful. The grounds were clean and well maintained. My site was awesome. I took many pictures to show folks how wooded the campground is. It reminded me of the state park where my family camped when I was a child. Yes, they do have a large full time area, but the visiting campers are nicely separated and they were very friendly. I cannot say enough about how peaceful and relaxing it was. No TV: bring your movies or a good book. Good kayaking a stones-throw away, or just scenic country hiking. I will absolutely be going back. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Little Orleans Campground & Park Area