206486 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Barre, Massachusetts (Air Miles)
Rutland State Park
Coldbrook Resort & Campground
2012-05-27 16:12:24
Barre, Massachusetts
May 2012

question  yes  no  question  question  question  no  yes  question  no
question  yes  question  question  question  no  no  yes  question  no
May 2012
The entrance up to the gate and office was nice. They even said they would escort us to our site. As soon as we went through the gate and started down the hill I thought, what did I get us into? The roads are steep and unpaved, the sites are crowed by tall pine trees and the hookups are far away from where your camper sits. This wouldn't have been a problem if someone told us so I could have been a little more prepared. The activities for the weekend were either canceled or scaled down for one reason or another and the seasonal campers seem to run this place. They do whatever they feel like whenever they feel like doing it, for example, drinking with loud music until 2 AM and walking around swearing as much as the please. The pool was opened when we were here but it was two feet low and the water was green, I cant believe that they would let people in water like that. The state of the art arcade was in need of much repair and updating, again another disappointment. I would say that I would never bring my family back here and strongly urge anyone reading this not to bring theirs here either We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
July 2011
The staff at this campground was great. When we arrived we were escorted to our site. The person who escorted us could not have been more helpful. The site was much too small for our rig and the staff member quickly radioed and put us on a site that we fit fine. We were told when we reserved we would need a 25ft sewer hose. I bought an extension. Al we needed was a 5 ft hose on either site. The seasonal campers were a huge draw back. The site next to us was a junk yard. Discarded gas grills and junk laying around. The other sites near by were not well kept and trashy campers. It could be a nice campground if they would force some campers to clean up there junk. They should consider an area for weekenders away from the trash sites. We will not return to this campground. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
April 2011
We camped here the first weekend the park opened and the weather was not cooperating, however, the park has an abundance of shaded, woody, level full hookup sites for small to mid-sized RVs. I wouldn't want to be here in a diesel pusher as the roads are not level and some are narrow. The park has no cable and Wi-Fi is not available at sites (only at the store/office area). I gave it a very generous 7 since the new general manager went of his way to find me a great site and let me choose. They are trying to improve this campground but it needs quite a bit of work. The facilities in need of updating such as the recreation hall, playground, pools, etc. The store was very much understocked even for basic amenities, however, it was the first weekend. Tried to fish in the catch and release pond but some seasonal children told me that nobody fishes there as there is a drain that runs into the nearby brook and all the fish they stock find an escape route almost immediately. The executive style (par 3) golf course actually looks well-maintained and if the weather was better, I would have played ($10 greens fee). The sense is that management is trying hard to create a better campground but it is slowly evolving. They plan to have Wi-Fi throughout the park sometime in the 2011 season. The management and seasonals (heavy on seasonals here) are very nice and want you to enjoy your stay. Probably deserves a 6. If you're just looking for a nice shaded site to camp in Western MA, it's fine, but don't expect anything more. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Coldbrook Resort & Campground