Nearby East Douglas, Massachusetts (Air Miles)
1161 Providence Rd
Blackstone River Valley
Clear View Country Club
742 Main St
Quaddick State Park
College Of The Holy Cros
"Elks - Dry, New Listing, 380 Social St, 815-338-0090"
The Ecotarium
Bryant College
Becker College - Leicester
Higgins Armory Museum
Elsa'S Bushel 'N Peck
Sams Club?I-190:1 301 Barber Ave (Located To Block)
625 School St
Lake Manchaug Camping
2013-11-07 00:27:00
East Douglas, Massachusetts

9   1   6   7   2   7   8
yes  no  question  question  yes  yes  yes
yes  no  question  question  question  yes  yes
My family and I spent a week at this campground and had such a wonderful time. Camping has become a summer hobby of ours and we were delighted to find a place that finally met the criteria we were looking for. The grounds were clean, the lake was beautiful, and there was no loud night time noise to keep my two children awake- something that I have run into problems with during stays at other parks. The management was very helpful, and even delivered firewood to our campsite for us. My husband and I enjoyed a live band around a bonfire right by the lake - very relaxing, and my two children really liked the movie night offered as well as tie dye your shirt day. We brought along our dog, and even though there is a no pet walking policy, there was a private road adjacent to the park where we were able to walk him every morning. If you are looking for an enjoyable real camping experience, this is the place to be. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2012
Not a family friendly campground. It is better described as retirement like atmosphere. Early quiet time and the owners begin loud work like trimming trees and dumping gravel very early in the morning. No activities for children and their cash-is-king deals are anything but! We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
August 2011
We spent five nights at this peaceful country campground, and I can't quite decide if it was a good campground or not. One thing is for certain: it was definitely unusual. Most of the campground is carved into a forested hillside. This meant that the sites are nicely distanced from one-another and the trees provide privacy and a sense of peacefulness. The waterfront sites appeared to be fully taken by seasonals. During our stay, we were the only camper we saw entering or exiting the campground: translation: there is nothing going on here. It is a great place to do nothing but listen to the chipmunks. One huge drawback: not only was there no wi-fi, but not even a wi-fi hot spot or store. Even worse: no cell reception! I couldn't get internet on the iPad all week. We never saw employees working on the place: the front entrance is a dump. So, if you want a peaceful retreat, this is the place for you. However, with a base price of $50, and $5/kid/day (why?!), we paid $60/night, which in my opinion, is hugely overpriced for a no-frills campground with absolutely no amenities. There appeared to be 2-3 other campgrounds in the nearby area, they appeared busier, but perhaps would be of more interest. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Lake Manchaug Camping