Nearby Southwick, Massachusetts (Air Miles)
Westfield State College
Springfield Armory Nation
Springfield College
Blandford Ski Area
American International C
Wal-Marti-91:44 69 Prospect Hill Rd (Located To Block)
The Yankee Peddler
Southwick
Sodom Mountain Campgrounds
2014-08-26 06:35:00
Southwick, Massachusetts

yes  question  question  no  question  question  question  yes  yes  question
yes  question  question  no  question  question  question  question  yes  question
We stood here in August for group events at both Six Flags New England and Lake Compounce. The staff was able to put myself and my friend together, in an unconventional way, since I needed FHU and he didn't. His site said that it had electric, but the electric came from my post. Thankfully, he only had a popup, and 20amps were fine. The facility was on the side of a large hill. Bathrooms in our area were clean, remodeled, but in an old bathhouse trailer. Showers were also clean, and cost 25 cents. I never have an issue paying for a clean shower. Staff was very friendly. My site was a bit unlevel on the roadside, but was fixed with on plank. I did have to place my unit by using my sewer hose as a guide, as the sewer connection was a bit of a distance away. All in all, I would stay there again if I was to go to both Six Flags and Lake Compounce in the same weekend. We camped here in a Motorhome.
I read the other reviews but here is my take on this park. If you don't care about your paint your all set. Seems the town, that you must drive through doesn't trim trees wide or high enough for class A's. Not easy to get to. Narrow city streets, cable awful reception, low hanging trees, and we followed their directions! Rough dirt and gravel roads, and very narrow. Grass pull thru, not very level, no pad, Bugs galore. Never told ahead of time that there is an additional fee if you use your air conditioning. That was a surprise at check in. Next surprise, NO 50 amp service in the pull thru, only in back ins, and another additional charge for that! Wifi very weak. Just a weird backwoods kind of place. Seedy looking. Would not recommend or return. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Sodom Mountain is a very nice clean campground. They have a variety of sites available (field, shaded, tent sites etc.). This campground is a simple, no frills campground. We stayed for 2 nights so that we could go to the Big E fair. The campground is near Six Flags and the Easter Exposition Fairgrounds. We would return to this campground if we were in the area and wanted to go back to the fair or to Six Flags. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Sodom Mountain Campgrounds
September 2011

1   1   5
no  no  yes
no  no  yes
September 2011
This campground is terrible, very poorly maintained. From the entrance road which needed serious upgrading to the bathhouse, everything was in serious need of attention. The bathhouse was poorly maintained, three toilet stalls in Womens side, only one in working condition. It was dirty the entire time. The grounds were not well kept and the staff were not pleasant. We were actually repulsed by this campground and would suggest it be avoided at all costs! We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
June 2011
This place was poorly maintained. The restrooms are filthy. The roads are full of large potholes. There are a lot of trees overhanging the road. Very dusty as some of the perm. campers "keep the road hot" constantly driving to the trash can etc. It is very overpriced for the money. Take my advice and keep going! We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
May 2006
Southwick Acres is related to Sodom Mountain CG. SA is more geared toward seasonal campers with the number of what looked like rental sites being a small minority. There are a handfull of tent sites and 5 cabins available. The small single bathhouse also denoted the number of seasonal sites since seasonals have sewer. SA welcomes kids but they are not what I would call "kid friendly" as they don't have any activites planned, rather they allow cmapers to go to Sodom Mtn and participate in their activities. The camp store was also essentially non-existant. Had we only planned a camping weekend and not had our days filled with trips to nearby 6 Flags, it would have not been one of our better Memorial Day weekend experiences. All in all, it was an ok campground with friendly staff, hence the mediocre rating. We camped here in a Truck Camper.