Nearby Belding, Michigan (Air Miles)
Fairgrounds
Belding, Michigan
July 2012

yes (River)
1   3   5   10   5   3   5
no  no  yes  yes  yes  no  yes
no  no  yes  yes  question  no  yes
July 2012
We booked our family vacation here based on their website, which promised so much but delivered so little. Campground smelled of dead, rotting meat. Pool was green but was promised "We're working on it." Electrical boxes worked sporadically. Dog waste from previous campers not cleaned before we arrived. The worst though, is the customer services. Their brochures highlights activities available telling you to get more information at the office. When I inquired at the office the girl snottily said "Did you get a brochure at check-in?" I answered yes but I had questions. She tells me "to go read it again or I suppose I could sit here and recite it for you." When we complained to the manager he admitted to hearing the conversation but he states his hands are tied, the owners are aware but won't change. Do yourself a favor and find somewhere else to spend your hard earned money and time! We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
July 2010
Whoever put their glossy brochure together should get an award. This is an old worn out campground with the bare essentials. The main pool was green when we arrived, but we were assured it was being attended to. It is no longer green, but it is now 11am, and I have yet to see anyone cleaning or testing it in 2 days. So far I have been here 3 days, and they have yet to clean the site next to me, as there is garbage still on the site. They are skimming the edges of false advertising. If you are looking for a campground with all the bells and whistles, this is NOT it. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
May 2010
They have many activities that you don't normally see at a campground. These include canoeing & tubing on the Flat River, horseback rides and a 9 hole golf course. Since I stayed on Memorial Day weekend they also had a number of special activities for the kids. Most of the sites are very large and clean with no pads but most sites have a nice grass surface. They have 30/15 amp electric, water, fire pit and picnic table at each site. No Wi-Fi is available but Verizon cell and data service was good. I did the canoe float down the river and an hour horseback ride, both were very enjoyable. While the roads are dirt and a bit bumpy I had no problem with them going the posted 5mph speed limit. Problems I had include there were constant low voltage problems (temps were in the mid 80's and the campground was full) and my Surge Guard shut off at least a dozen times on my 2nd day. While they are located on the Flat River, there is no way to easily access the river upstream so you can float down to the landing stop, you have to take their bus, for a fee, to a drop off point a number of miles away. They could provide a spot upstream that could be walked to if they would just turn the far end campsite into an access point. Quiet time was not enforced with loud parties going on until after midnight. Even though they had a camp store close to the camping area you couldn't make reservations for their activities, you had to drive close about a mile to the main office. The firewood they offered for sale was close to worthless, it just wouldn't burn. As much as I really wanted to like this campground the negatives outweigh the positives. I doubt that I will return We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Double RR Ranch