206704 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Cedarville, Michigan (Air Miles)
Cedarville Rv Park

7   9   7   8   7
yes  yes  yes  question  yes
yes  yes  yes  question  yes
July 2012
When I wrote the initial review for this park last year, I mentioned that we would have stayed a second day except for a bad weather forecast. This year we stayed two days the second weekend in July. We again had a FHU waterfront site with the front of our RV 15' from the shore of the water. Technically it is Cedarville Bay, but it is actually on the shore of Lake Huron. As is becoming too common, we were unable to connect to their free Wi-Fi, but were able to connect to another network in the evenings. No cable TV, but most sites are satellite friendly. There is an extra $2.50/day charge for A/C usage (or any other high wattage appliance). As I mentioned previously, about 20 sites are individually owned. Additionally, another 20 or so sites are occupied by seasonal/extended stay customers. So, on any given night in season, calling ahead for reservations is recommended. Cedarville has a couple restaurants and a decent supermarket less than a mile from the park. On a July weekend, I saw only 2 sites with families with kids. Most customers were retired couples. This is a nice, quiet, relaxing park. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2011
As a retired full timing couple we like certain things in a park and this park fits most of our likings. Pros - Very quiet. No trains. Little noise from the closest highway SR34. Mostly older campers at this time of year. Very nice grassy sites with few bare spots. It's like camping on a lawn. Water view from just about everywhere in the park. Back in sites at the edge of Lake Huron cost $10 more but are worth it. No swimming pool or playground equals few kids. Did I say it was nice and quiet? Very good satellite reception. Some shade in the late afternoon on the west side of campground. Cons - Fire rings. I don't mind the fire but the smoke is irritating so they are a con. No separate dog walk area. Wi-Fi is slow. Water pressure drops often. Poor phone reception on Verizon. Utility hook ups have long stretch for water and electric. I had a 50 foot 30 amp. cord so it worked but my 30 foot 50 amp. cord couldn't reach. All in all the pros out weigh the cons and we would definitely stay here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
August 2011
This park is difficult to rate. The lots in the front of the park are tight and the backs overlap. Lots 10-22 are on the water with great views. However, on these lots the hook-ups are on the wrong side unless you have a motorhome and drive in frontwards. You will need long hoses and power cords. The Wi-Fi is not reliable. We rented a lot from an owner for a month. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Cedarville RV Park
May 2013

7   10   10   10   9
yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
May 2013
This is a nice low key campground right on Lake Huron. The sites right on the lake are full hookup, the interior sites are water & electric only. There is a nice bathroom & showerhouse but it's about 50 yards away from the w & e sites. We stayed Memorial Day weekend and it wasn't busy due to the cool & wet weather this year. We used it as a base to visit Ste St Marie, Drummond Island & Mackinac Island. We would stay here again We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
July 2012
Our kayaking group was in the area, so I stayed here, and found it a quiet and beautiful park! As others have mentioned, the sites are a bit close: but the view is awesome! This area is Paddler's Heaven; the islands are beautiful and protected enough for recreational kayaks to venture out. The Park Host let us leave our kayaks on the grassy lawn at the water's edge, which was nice! The pier makes for a pleasant view, and the beach/swim area was nice and sandy for kids to play in. The restrooms and showers are spotless; the sites are level and grassy with a bit of shade provided by a smattering of mature trees. I think the WiFi deliberately cuts out after a certain time period, but reconnecting was quick. I had no problems downloading pictures of our trip. Cedarville and the neighboring town of Hessel are fun and quaint. I will make a point of coming back to Loon's Point next year!! The only downside (and it's really minor): overflow parking for extra vehicles (or my kayak trailer) is on the north side of the bathrooms, and that's a longish walk and out-of-sight. Didn't seem like a security issue, however; since the whole RV Park is well off the road. We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2012
This is a quiet clean park. We had a water view site with some shade trees. Sites were a little close but you had room in back with a killer view. We would stay here again We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Loons Point RV Park and Campground