219007 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Crystal Falls, Michigan (Air Miles)
Michigan
Crystal Falls
Bewabic State Park
2013-08-18 09:39:50
Crystal Falls, Michigan

7   8   1   9
question  yes  question  yes
question  yes  question  yes
There are very few level sites in this park; you need lots of leveling blocks. There are some 50amp sites available. Can be navigated with a big rig with caution. Bery wooded & hilly campground. Probably would return. Verizon 4g was 5mbps down .6mbps up. We camped here in a Motorhome.
June 2005
This is a typical state park with lots of trees to give each site privacy. The beach area is large and the kids enjoyed catching many small fish around the lake. Be sure to bring along a 50 foot extension cord as the posts may be far from where you are able to park your rig. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
July 2004
If you would like to camp in a rustic wooded lake area or would like an RV site with electrical and other hookups, I suggest continuing east to the Iron River area. Our experience with this park was the campground from 8&!*. My friend and I reserved the campsite on-line and paid months in advance. I arrived in a dealer loaner vehicle (I had just ordered a new car there). The vehicle was loaded with camping gear and boats on top. My friend met me there in his sports car. We intended on using the small car to drive back and forth to the neighboring town for evening class reunion activites. When we checked in we were assessed and additional $48 ($6 per day per car) for daily vehicle fees in addition to the nightly $18 per night camping fee. To reduce the car fees I elected to purchase an annual pass for $25. Then our problems began. After setting up the tent we left in the small car to attend an evening function. We returned late to find a blank ticket on the window advising that because the sticker was not displayed in the proper place we could face a huge fine. (I had simply left the sticker on the top of dash) So I proceeded to tape the sticker to the Right Lower corner of the windshield as requested. The following morning we awoke to find a 20 something park ranger in full uniform demanding I permanently adhere the sticker to the vehicle. I explained the vehicle was not mine and showed him the dealer-plate. I advised I would be happy to adhere the sticker to my own car when I returned home. He became incensed and threatened me with a $100 fine unless I complied immediately. We became incensed and demanded a refund for the annual sticker, paid for a 1 day car sticker instead and demanded a refund for the next 3 days that we had prepaid. He seemed pleased to be losing our business because he smiled and laughed as we left. Unbelievable. We camped here in a Tent.
Display older reviews for Bewabic State Park
August 2011

August 2011
This campground is listed in the Michigan list of campgrounds that we received at the welcome center and is off the beaten path but close enough to walk to the little town of Crystal Falls. The park is extremely well kept and even though it is not on the water, the river is about a 1/2 mile away down a designated path. We were only passing thru and stayed the one night but we would like to come back and stay several nights. The campground at the present time furnishes wood for a fire and there are fire rings and picnic tables. There is no pool but we've not used one yet in our travels. The campground is just off Michigan scenic Hwy 2, turn onto M-69E and go 3 blocks, turn left on 2nd St N and you will see signs that say campground and just follow the signs. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.