220367 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Holland, Michigan (Air Miles)
Holland Museum
Windmill Island
Voss Boys ($5)
Holland
Holland Motor Homes
Sams Club 2190 N Park Dr (Located To Street)
Meijer 47
Holland
Oak Grove Campground / Resort
2014-08-15 21:50:22
Holland, Michigan

no  yes  yes  no  question  no  yes  no  question  yes
yes  yes  yes  no  question  no  yes  no  question  yes
We just left this state park and plan on never returning. We stayed in Lake Macatawa Woodstock loop. Our family was heading to the lighthouse and to get through the gate were treat like criminals. The men at the gate house were very rude. The lake campground was actually a parking lot and were not allowed to have fires. We regret ever stopping here and will never return. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
We reserved online for a 50 amp site but when we arrived we found we had been assigned to a 30 amp site. The attendant was very apologetic and helpful. With the approval of the manager and a few dollars more they moved us from the Macatawa site to the Beach site-well worth the additional cost. The campsites at the beach are more spacious and much prettier. In the future I would request a site that backs up to a sand dune. But given we were there the weekend before July 4th, we were so happy to have a site with FHU. There was a nice picnic table but no fire pit. There was no wi-fi or cable but the price was right and we were a few hundred feet from Lake Michigan. We will stay here again if the beach campground is available. Space is important to us. We camped here in a Motorhome.
May 2013
We stayed during the Tulip Festival and found the campground not 1/2 full. Sites were adequate but for some without skill navigating trees on their sites it could be a problem. There were 5 units in our group, and getting sites back-to-back was great. The park has a NO-Alcohol rule but that was not a problem for our group. Hiking trails in the park with dunes, beach, lake fishing, boat launches, disc golf, and marinas nearby was a joy. Local restaurants were great and prices reasonable. We will probably all return. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Holland State Park

yes  yes  question  no  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes
yes  question  question  question  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes
In contrast to some of the poor reviews, we had a very pleasant stay. In fact we are still here as I type this. Our greeting upon arrival was very pleasant and professional. We did not experience any of the rude behavior mentioned in some of the older reviews. Interior roads are a bit narrow, but passable. Getting situated in the site is a bit of a challenge for larger units, but again is doable with patience. We had a site in the newer "premium" section. The site is quite large and not crowded by your neighbors. the only real downside is that there is no fire pit on the site. This location is close to everything you might want to do in the Holland area. It is very much a family oriented campground. We camped here in a Motorhome.
This is my first review, but felt compelled to write a review on this campground, since we almost did not camp here based on another review. This is an extremely tidy campground close to everything Holland has to offer. It is tight, especially in a larger rig, but it is not difficult to access the sites if you are comfortable maneuvering. As we sit here now, there are 9 motorhomes 40' or greater in length parked with us. The sites are roomy once you get parked, but you may have to park your vehicle on the grass beside your unit. The staff was very accommodating when we pulled in and even offered to put our tow dolly with an ATV on it on our site with their tractor and will position it for us when we leave. The cable is great with a large selection of channels and the WIFI is the best we have encountered in a park. Very nice pool area with a large hot tub. And I must confess that we did have a glass of wine one night and shared a beer on another. We left our dog several times, but if you have a barker when you're gone, they won't like that (and neither do I) If you come to Holland, this is a great place to stay. We stayed 5 nights in a motorhome. We camped here in a Motorhome.
This is a campground that wins by location, only. It is only 1/4 mile from Lake Michigan, the Holland State Park, and the Holland Channel. It has a nice pool and a nice recreation area, with an indoor game and TV room for guests to use. The hosts, especially the women, are rude. Apparently they don't care, because they assume, that if I'm not there someone else will be. The campground is not big rig friendly. I have heard of numerous accidents and damage to trailers and RV, but nothing changes. They do not escort you to your spot. I have a 45 foot RV. They sent me down an impassable road to an extremely tight RV spot. There was no way I could have made the narrow corner that they sent me toward. The spot I was assigned was so tight that the nose of my RV hung out into the road. When I told them how ridiculously tight my spot was, the lady at the front desk told me I was fine and not to worry about it. It took 5 campers to help the guest across from me park without damaging my RV. So, over the weekend, as each car and camper and kid on a wobbly bicycle went by I worried that they would run into my unit. The campground is a non alcohol campground, but I am sure that drinking goes on, hidden. They charge 5 dollars a person, per day, over 4. I can honestly say that not one nice word was said to me by the staff in the general store, during my 5 or more visits there. In fact I was made to feel as though I was an unwanted interruption. We will not return. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Oak Grove Campground / Resort