Nearby Marenisco, Michigan (Air Miles)
Michigan
Marenisco
Lake Gogebic State Park
2012-08-25 13:00:16
Marenisco, Michigan
July 2009

July 2009
My family and I spent a weekend here just for fun. It wasn't much fun. The rules are strict and the host had problems. You get all sun all day and the beach is only one foot wide. The only good thing was the long fishing dock. Do not come here!!! We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
August 2012

8   7   8   8   8   7   8
yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
August 2012
This place is a 8 on our campground scale. Nice place, big wide sites with 30 amp hookups. Great views, big, safe fire rings and super friendly staff. Rustic-style state park. On the bad side: bring your extension cords. Sites share the power poles and the sites are not uniform, some are really far from where you can park. Our stock power cable was about 6 feet short. I tried maneuvering around, nosing in instead of backing in, angling, etc, and there was just no way to make it reach. If we were in a trailer or pop-up or something I think we could have gotten ourselves a little closer, but not in a motor home. Not a big deal. I just adapted it down to 110 and used my standard extension cord. We just had to watch the AC/Microwave use. Just be aware. Overall, great place. Lots to do near by. Just a few minute from lake superior. There's a little beach in the campground and a boat launch if you want to use it. Kayaks and canoes can easily launch right from your site. I'm pretty sure they allow that. Enjoy. We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2012
Rate reflects park fee, plus Michigan park pass, plus day use pass. Very nice, huge sites with trees, etc. 30 amp service was a little low in voltage but not a problem. Park hosts very accommodating. We camped here in a Motorhome.
June 2010
My family and I camped here for something different. You pay a load of money but it is worth it. The staff was very friendly and there was coffee and sweet rolls available on Saturday and Sunday, but I didnt go. We stayed in a very nice spot with our fire ring near the shore line so we could watch the fire and the lake at the same time. I loved the showers and the bathroom. I forgot my bike, and it's nice to have one because it is a big place!!! We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Lake Gogebic State Park