Nearby Marquette, Michigan (Air Miles)
Marquette Mountain Ski A
Northern Michigan Univer
Tourist Park ($2)
Marquette
3225 Us 41 W
Northwoods Supper Club
Ojibwa 105 Acre Trail Marquette Mi 49855 906-249-4200 (Located To Block)
Michigan
Marquette
Gitche Gumee RV Park
2014-08-27 14:46:08
Marquette, Michigan

question  yes  no  question  no  question  question  no  question  yes
question  yes  no  question  no  question  yes  no  question  yes
This is certainly a unique place, with a unique owner. A nice guy. We needed to be in Marquette, and this was the closest park, which is why we chose it. It did accommodate our 43 ft motorhome with a long pull through, and we only scraped a few trees when negotiating the narrow roads. The low rating that I gave was for two specific reasons: (1) the water was terrible ...very odorous, often brownish in color. We were only there for 3 days, and I now have rust stains in the toilet bowl that I cannot remove!! The ice was brownish in color in spite of the filter in the fridge. We had to purge all the water systems after we left there, throw out all ice, and I am still cleaning the toilet trying to remove the rust stains. (2) it was dirty ...very hard to keep the coach clean. The driveway was a mix of dirt, sand, and pine needles, with little or no crushed stone. It rained one day and everything tracked into the coach! I would not stay there again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Friendly owner! Will do anything to make you comfortable. My husband drank coffee with him every morning. A very unique campground! He built all the buildings. A pavilion for the kids to watch movies, his wife has a fudge shop, a rec room for 18+ includes a library and pool table. Right across the street from Lake Superior! Best campground, we go year after year and will continue to! We camped here in a Truck Camper.
October 2012
I am certain that this was once a great place, but unfortunately the changing times and apparent neglect have taken a toll. The camping sites are large and nicely wooded. One or two sites have a view of lake Superior, but all seem very nice. We were here after the owner had shutdown all but a few sites for winter (which I knew) as well as the bath and shower facilities (something he failed to mention). I would not have wanted to use them anyway as they are dark, dirty, and moldy. The water, what I could find of it, was rusty and malodorous. I would assume that it is potable, but I chose not to ingest it or use it in my RV. The lodge (game) room is musty and dark with amenities old and out of service. The playground consists only of a few rusty swings. The advertised fudge factory has clearly been out of service a long time as a tree has grown over the walkway and entrance. I was told there was wireless Internet access but it did not work at the site I chose (lake view) and I don't use cable TV so I don't know (or care) if it worked. The price was very high considering both the local/regional competition and dearth of amenities. I cannot recommend this campground to others. There are other choices in the area, which I can and have recommended. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Gitche Gumee RV Park

question  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes
question  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question  question
Very nice park in a nice setting. We had an electric only pull-through site but it was tight getting in/out. Staff is basically college aged running the office and are not always knowledgeable concerning big rigs. We specifically asked if Wi-Fi was available and told yes only to find that the site we were assigned would "probably not" pick up the signal (after we were set up). Other than that it was a nice stop and we would return if in the area only we would ask in advance if the Wi-Fi worked at that site. We camped here in a Motorhome.
We really loved this park! The sites are very roomy, not at all like the typical private campground. The people who work here are very friendly and the park is clean. We were in site 65 in the back corner, surrounded by tall pine trees. Best of all, since we didn't have a car, the city bike paths were available to go into town or all around the county and even across the UP if you want. The city, the beach, and nearby Presque Isle are all within reach. Their Internet was okay, and our Verizon worked very well. We would definitely come back here. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Stayed here for 4 nights but had to leave because of the Hiawatha Music Festival; no sites available. We had a site backed up to the maintenance shed of the local University, and yes, they do start their heavy equipment early in the morning. We also could not get satellite service due to trees and could only get 3 channels on TV. We did enjoy reruns of "All in the Family", "Mash", "Rockford Files", etc! Overall a good place to stay and enjoy the sightseeing in Marquette where there is a lot of history. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Marquette Tourist Park

7   5   8   5   8   9   10
question  question  question  no  question  yes  question
no  question  question  no  no  question  question
This is a very nice and clean park. All 7 sites are long and level. Cell phone service was weak. For satellite you had to shoot between trees so it might be hard to get. Would stay here again when in area. We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2012
This is the first time we ever had a place pay us to stay. After you park, you check in with guest services and each adult will receive $5 cash and a free drink coupon. Of course they want you to spend it in the casino but that is your choice. There are 7 sites with electric only. They are all long back-in sites along the side of the parking lot. Each site is clearly marked and level. There is also a nice picnic table and a trash barrel at each site. With no water and sewer, plan ahead and arrive with enough fresh water as you cannot fill up here. Great site for overnight and much cheaper than $40 down the road. We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2012
See Aug 2011 reviews for more info. I was surprised when we pulled in and saw the sites. They are very roomy with lots of space between sites. We had a choice of 4 sites and took site 5. Very quiet later at night. TV via batwing was very good. Verizon cell good, broadband was a bit slow. Wife won $165 at black jack, and I broke even after two hours of playing. It is just off of M-28 5 miles east of US-41. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Ojibwa Casino RV Park