Nearby New Era, Michigan (Air Miles)
Aor Rothbury Mi - Double Jj 4/1-11/1
Eagle Island Resort
2014-08-18 16:41:56
New Era, Michigan

yes  yes
We stayed with a group. We were in an RV and a cabin. The place is certainly rough as I had read on previous reviews. The owners just barely maintain the place, some further maintenance and sprucing up could definitely be used. The cabin was dirty, it needs a good scrub. There were cob webs everywhere, the blinds and window sills were filthy and there was dust covering much of the non high traffic areas. Some extra kitchen supplies in the cabin would have been nice as well, although this was minor. The RV sites are certainly well used, but the waterfront ones are nice. If you are looking for a larger more private waterfront sites I would suggest Site 8, 9 or 11. The lake was also very nice, very beautiful and serene. There is not much of a beach. The playground has certainly seen better days and something new would be nice. The public bathrooms we did not use a lot but they appeared nice, new and clean. I also liked the fact that the resort seemed very secluded although it was not far off of Hwy 24. I would probably go back again with an RV to site 11, although I will try a few other places before I do. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Heavily treed with dirt access road and site pads. Very quiet and all utilities worked fine. No satellite due to trees. Staff is very friendly as are the seasonal residents. Nice pool and lots of activities planned for the weekend (kid-related). We made last minute plans to visit Michigan Adventure and this was the only campground we could find with room available. It is about 20 miles north of the amusement park. We would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2011

August 2011
My sister reserved this campground for a large family camping weekend. It seems to be an older campground, but overall, we had a good experience here. The staff were friendly and helpful. The kids enjoyed the playground and fun cycles. The fun cycles were $2.00 for a half hour, but they were free on Sunday. Our site was level and shaded, which was nice. My parents had a cabin, which was also nice. The main problem we encountered was that one of the sites we had reserved was right next to the road that led to the rustic section of the campground. That site ended up being only half a site because we couldn't put anything in or near the roadway. Do not reserve sites 31/32 for this reason. Our motorhome is 31' and I don't think a larger vehicle would have been able to maneuver through the campground. Lake Michigan is a short drive from the campground. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2004
Stony Haven? My kids call it “dirty haven”. This was probably one of the dirtiest campgrounds that we have stayed at. We waited too long to get reservations at any other campgrounds over Labor Day weekend. While the campground owners were nice, and they would have done anything for you, the park could use a good cleaning and they need to cut down some trees. Although it was sunny when we were there, the sun never made it down to the park because of the many trees. My kids went to play on the playground and came back with grease on their clothes and more dirt. The showers and restrooms were ok at best. There was nothing to do. We did rent one of their pedal cars and found that it was again very dirty and hanging together with twine. Fun ride! We were thankful that it did not rain because then it would have become “muddy haven”. We will never return to this campground. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.