Nearby Toivola, Michigan (Air Miles)
Michigan
Toivola
Twin Lakes State Park
2006-05-22 14:45:04
Toivola, Michigan
August 2005

August 2005
Very nice and clean. Nothing like the last review. The locals were friendly and helpful. There is a resort next door were the kids rented a row boat for only $20.00 for all day. I would come back. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
2003
This is a great campground to explore the Keweenaw peninsula and to also be able to see the Porcupine Mountains, which we did. This park is occupied mainly by locals on the weekend, and it's their park! People from the area didn't seem very friendly, maybe we took someone's site with our reservation. Our first night was a Friday, wow what a nightmare. I fell asleep due to exhaustion around 4 am, my wife said the partying continued until about 4:30 am. I went to the office 4 times throughout the night and nobody was around. I didn't feel like calling the County Sheriff or Mich State Police, but probably should have. On Saturday I went to the office to complain, and they said there was a ranger at the park until 1 or 2 am. He must have been partying with the locals at one of the sites. On Saturday night some people were still up until 2 or 3am, but not right across the street from me, so we slept a little more. On Sunday we finally got some piece and quiet, all the loud groups left. If you make reservations here, don't get near the restroom, it's a big hangout for drinking and being rude; and avoid weekends. The ladies restroom was actually more disgusting then the mens with human waste smeared on toilets and walls. The mens was dirty but nothing really more then normal. It's a nice park and I may visit again, but never on a weekend. We camped here in a Tent Trailer.