Nearby Barnum, Minnesota (Air Miles)
Black Bear 1785 Hwy. 210 Carlton Mn 55718 218-878-2327 (Located To Zip)
Black Bear Casino
June 2012

no  yes
no  yes
June 2012
I arrived late on a Friday evening. It was quite difficult to find, but this was due to road construction and detours, a common Minnesota phenomenon. Upon arrival, I find this is primarily a seasonal campground with many dilapidated trailers and unkempt sites. Bent Trout Lake was small, but beautiful. I had site #3 which was a back-in site. My backing into the site made more difficult by three sheriffs breaking up a drunken domestic disturbance. Again, this wasn't a situation the park could help. The bathrooms were filthy and old, with spiders everywhere. I knew if my wife and daughters joined me the next day our family camping days would be over, so I only stayed one night of my stay and thankfully found a site at another campground. This points up a common problem with seasonal campgrounds - they don't try as hard anymore, and that was definitely what I found here. This campground desperately needs to step into the 21st Century then maybe it won't look like a set from Friday the 13th. We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2008
Very nice campground for families. The bathrooms need to be updated but they were clean. There were golf carts riding around and they do not watch for people or cars. Other then that nice place. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.