Nearby Mankato, Minnesota (Air Miles)
Mankato State University
Mankato Municipal Airport
Mount Kato Ski Area
Keepers' Rv Center Ltd
Gags Camper Way Inc
1881 Madison Ave
Sams Club 1831 Madison Ave (Located To Street)
Gustavus Adolphus Colleg
Shady Oaks Cg
Minnesota
Mankato
Land of Memories Campground
2013-06-04 11:44:02
Mankato, Minnesota

I only gave this park a 6 because there was no water nor sewer on any of the sites. The campground, however, is very nicely laid out with level, large, grassy sites. Each site has a picnic table on it. The electricity read 120 amps on my meter. The dump station is off site, and the park manager told me "it is about 2 miles that way". I never did find it. There are walking trails within the park as well as "Frisbee golf," playgrounds for the kids, and soccer fields. I stayed here mid week, and the park was almost empty. I think that the $25 nightly fee is too high for the services provided. We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2008

July 2008
If you want electric with a large RV forget it there are only 6 sites with electric and they are small sites. This is one of the oldest state campgrounds in the state and when it was built it was for tent camping only since no one new what an RV was. My lower score is based on the lack of modern updates. The restrooms and shower house building in my opinion should be tore down and rebuilt as the showers stalls are not wheelchair friendly. A wheelchair can not roll into the shower stall. The floor in the shower (mens side) felt like it needed a good cleaning, it felt somewhat mildewed. Our price was a non electric site and we did get lucky as the outside temp overnight was low 60's. But then again it was somewhat wet but that is part of the camping game. We camped out in a van with a bed in back. I asked for a good site for dish reception and the guy at the station pulled out his notebook with pictures of every site they had. and he suggested a site that was a perfect spot for dish network echo119. The rest of the sites didn't look real good for a signal. But the downside was this site had no electric. But since I had my inverter to run the TV and my Honda to run the air to cool of the inside of the van for and hour before shutting it down to sleep it didn't matter. The waterfalls near here is a good view of a nice looking waterfall. If the showers were updated I would stay here again but if the are not I wouldn't stay here and I would look at another place. We camped here in a Motorhome.