Nearby Ortonville, Minnesota (Air Miles)
Minnesota
Ortonville
Lakeshore RV Park
2013-06-24 22:16:17
Ortonville, Minnesota

9   6   7   8   10
question  no  yes  question  yes
question  no  yes  question  yes
Rate is for pull through or lake site. Pull through nicely designed so you do not have to disconnect toad to reach services. Sites are level enough to be comfortable in a motorhome. Guided to site. Plenty of room between sites in pull through area. Three dollars extra for Cable TV. So rate should be $43. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2010
Let me preface this by saying that we camped here off season. By off season, I mean after Labor Day. Things tend to shut down in MN after Labor Day. If you want mature shade trees and a great view of the lake, book a site adjacent to the lake. These sites do not have cable TV, however, if that's important to you. We chose the lake over the cable. The "inland" sites have cable. There is only one restroom, so if you plan on using it, keep that in mind when you book. Otherwise, it would be a pretty far walk from some of the sites to the restrooms. The playground was fine. Also available are shuffleboard and sand volleyball. The scenery is very beautiful. Some negatives were the pool and hot tub heaters being broken and unavailable for use. The bathrooms were also not cleaned the entire time we were here. There were old shampoo bottles and dirty underwear in the shower stalls. Worse, the lights in the bathroom are on a motion detector. I was the only one in the restroom while taking a shower and the lights went out on me midway through my shower. Shower in the morning when some light comes in through the windows, shower really quickly or bring a friend to keep moving while you shower. Finally, the sites are extremely close together, so much so, that the lake sites have their picnic tables at the end of the campsite rather than in between campers. The mini golf course is a bit run down. Our balls kept getting stuck in mud and in broken PVC pipes. The owners were very, very nice. They gave the kids a free ride on their little train to make up for the pool being closed. They also helped us back into our site: a service I haven't experienced elsewhere. Campers who have come here more often tell me there's more staff during peak season, so I suspect the bathroom cleanliness concern would not be an issue. I'm definitely willing to try coming here again, but I will come during peak season. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
July 2010
Nice little campground if in the area. Nothing special to drive 2 hours to go to. Sites on the lake are nice but tight. Pool was very warm and the kids had fun. Mini golf had a ton of hornets hanging around, but seemed to not be bothered by golfers. Owner was very nice and helpful. One of the few campgrounds where you pay when you leave. We would go again if in the area. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Lakeshore RV Park