Nearby Sandstone, Minnesota (Air Miles)
Grand Casino Hinckley 777 Lady Luck Dr. Hinckley Mn 55037 320-384-7777 (Located To Street)
Tobie's

9   10   9   7   9
question  question  yes  yes  yes
question  question  yes  yes  yes
August 2012
I stayed Sunday night, so many spots were open. The $30 cost was for the $25 electric site I chose ($5 less for non-electric sites) and included the $5 daily park pass. A State Park Season pass is available for more frequent MN State Park users. My site 13e was roomy. I unhooked to level my 25' RV front to back on the gravel sites. Trees surround each site, making neighbors hard to see. Watching the sun set through the trees was beautiful. A number of people were walking, and the trails are well marked. Two large dump stations are located near the campground entrance and office, which is a lengthy 1-1/4 mile one-way walk on the gravel road back to the campsites. The friendly ranger stopped by and offered to bring me firewood. There is some distant road noise, but it was not disturbing even with all the windows open wide. At sunset all other campers were quiet. Dogs are welcome on the hiking trails. Many of the trails lead to the river's rapids and falls. Due to recent flooding, the trails are in the process of repair, so I don't know the normal level of care. No mosquitoes were seen during my stay. Inside the park, the closed sandstone quarry was the source for many years of quality building stone, including that used on the Des Moines downtown public library building. I will stay again when in MN. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
September 2009
Nice campground. The staff woman who checked us in was very friendly. Other than the mosquitoes... that was the only negative..but given it's Minnesota.. what can you do about that? Hiked the trail to the falls and that was nice too. The ranger came though many times so I liked that too. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
August 2009
We enjoyed our midweek stay at this campground. Spacious sites with lots of shade. Each site seems to be separated with brush and trees. Our site Number 24e was slightly unlevel. Bugs weren't too bad: this time of year the little flies were pesty. The trash receptacle is located quite a distance away. The showers and restrooms were clean. They don't have a dump station. Expect to pay an extra $5 per day for a State vehicle permit. There are beautiful trails located in this park, including the quarry trail with a hike less than a mile to a small waterfall. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Banning State Park