220505 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Thief River Falls, Minnesota (Air Miles)
Arctic Cat Snow And Wate
Thief River Falls, Minnesota

7   8   7   10   10   10
yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
This is a nice campground but the road noise can get quite loud at times. Their restrooms were nice and very clean. They don't have an office onsite but there is a camp host that was very friendly and very helpful. Wifi is very important to me and theirs was not consistent, but I was able to go to the library to accomplish what I needed. This town has a lot to offer and this campground works well for us whenever we are in town. We will stay here again. Rate reflects a weekly rate. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
June 2010
What a great little park, best city park we have been in. We chose one of the full hookup sites w/cable TV, those will stay the driest during the heavy rainstorms. Very nice, clean and tiled bath house. 1 minute showers with lukewarm water, BUT you get clean and they are really well maintained. There isn't an office, but someone from the city comes by every day even on weekends or you can drop the money in the slot. There is a very nice park adjacant to the RV area. We would stay here again. BTW: 1st come 1st served cash or checks only. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
August 2009
The spaces with full hookup are short, only a few will accommodate a 40 ft motorhome. The restrooms are clean and in good condition. There is a restaurant, a Dairy Queen, and a historical museum within walking distance. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Thief River Falls Tourist Park

7   6   7   4
question  yes  question  yes
question  yes  question  yes
The good is that everything worked. Wifi, ATT signal, and power were good. No real issue with mosquitoes or flies. The bad was that it was a little dusty in the overnight spots from the traffic driving through the park to get to the adjoining mini golf and go cart track. Water was hard, but tasted okay. Most of the existing spots were taken by long term residents, however, they are expanding and adding another 30 or so sites. Park wasn't real busy while we were here. Was able to use PA for a couple nights. We camped here in a Motorhome.
If you come here after Labor Day, expect total cluelessness on where to check in. PetroPumper will insist "they should be over there" and yet, the sign says, "closed, go to PetroPumper." One of the seasonals stated they are only open weekends after Labor Day. What struck me as interesting is that each individual site is beautiful. The reprocessed asphalt mentioned in a previous review is hardened. Each site has a beautiful brick laid patio, with a beautiful stone fire ring and a very nice wooden picnic table. Each site has adequate grass and spacing between sites, no "pass the mustard" here. But overall, the park as a whole, looked kind of... "blah" to me. I think being next to the gas station contributed to the "blah" feeling to me. The restrooms were clean. Inside the restrooms, each toilet and each shower are behind an oak door. Apparently you need coins to shower, according to one of the seasonals. Before I came here, I called and asked if there was laundry, was told yes. I could not find any laundry facilities anywhere. Seasonals indicated no laundry facilities. Wi-Fi worked great. Cable had an adequate supply of channels (44 of them). The cable company being used is some local company that isn't (yet) requiring any "silly converter box" to watch cable, just plug in and go! For some reason, "Family Friendly" was checked "no." I don't know why, as there is a very nice playground and jungle gym here. The price I am showing includes all taxes. The only discount they will honor is Passport America. I don't tow a car, and there was nothing close by to walk to. But this works for a good overnight, price is reasonable. We camped here in a Motorhome.
June 2012
We were very hesitant to choose this park after reading the previous review and not finding it listed in our Good Sam 2012 Trip software; however, it turned out to be very nice. All sites are back-in, full hookup with cable TV. The sites are quite spacious with lawn separating them. There is a sand box and playground area for kids, as well as being located at a miniature golf course that has a game arcade. There are only two cautions: first, the RV park is located off the Petro Pump fuel stop. You must enter through Petro Pump's entry. Secondly, all of the sites have recently had re-processed asphalt put down and the sites are very soft. Be prepared to either not put down jacks or use pads underneath your jacks. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for TRF Stay & Play