Nearby Zumbrota, Minnesota (Air Miles)
Sams Club 3410 Nw 55Th St (Located To Block)
3400 Nw 55Th St
Minnesota
Zumbrota
Shades of Sherwood Family Camping Park
2013-06-28 15:22:58
Zumbrota, Minnesota

yes (River)
yes  question  question  no  yes  question  question  no  yes  yes
yes  question  question  no  yes  question  question  no  question  yes
Nice park for weekend campers. Not real great for transients. Not necessarily Big Rig Friendly. Trees not trimmed, low lying area so after rains, it is very very wet and soft. Only two 50 amp & pull through sites. Very deep fire pits, probably good for campfires, but not for cooking. Mostly dirt road, Seemed to me that the people who camp here are "regulars." Not real friendly and not easy to use as an overnight park. I was not given an itemized receipt and as I look back on the charge, I think I was overcharged about $20. We camped here in a Motorhome.
I have an older review of this campground that says I would not go back. Well, here I am and I did go back. I was worried I would be disappointed again, but I actually think I'd even go back again! A few years ago they created a "pond" with huge inflatables for a waterpark attraction. The dirt removed was used to build a levee in the campground to prevent the campground from being wiped out again from the fairly regular flooding that goes on there. A few areas are on the river side of the levee. So they are "sacrificed" if a flood comes through. However, this created some more private-like sites in the "River Glen" area that are away from the craziness of the pool and seasonal campers. We were happy to be down there without too many others, but our sites were all weeds and that kind of thing is a little trashy. I do like a private campground that doesn't have too many rules about setup. We could place our camper how we wanted on our patch of weeds, use a mat, park our truck wherever and leave our dogs in the camper when we went to do something else. The seasonal campers do love their golf carts. I was prepared for it based on all the comments in reviews. They had a long printed weekend schedule of activities. At the height of our long summer days the schedule had most activities closing by 5pm. What?!?!? It's light until 9pm. The pool, jumping pillow, tubing, space ball and others had early closing times. But no, suddenly the pool was open past five. We found out that the close times are optional to the workers. Apparently, they often extend it on the fly. Ok, why bother? Why close at 5 pm ever? The printed schedule seems to be irrelevant and a joke. Considering a weekend wristband to do these activities is $20, I think they should stay officially open later into the evening. The base rate for our w/e site was $46 and then $2 for each child. Our nightly total was $52. My biggest complaint is about a few of the workers. Many are pleasant and were very nice, but a few in the office were very pleasant and nice to us adults, but snippy and rude to our children. We had a standing joke all weekend that our kids would earn points every time they got "chewed out" by someone in the office. They were not being disrespectful at all, but the worker assumed they were. One time my daughter and her friend waited to purchase something and the worker looked right over them and helped the person in line behind them! I don't think that is very professional behavior. I get that there are TONS of kids at this campground and I bet some of them are rude, but the campground advertises itself as a family park. If you can't handle the pace or all the kids, I suggest you find a different job. I would probably go back because my kids had a great time with all the activities and it's close to home. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
July 2012
This park is really, really fun! We have been here a bunch of times and this time was for a birthday party for my daughter. They have a lot of fun things for family! However, you need to purchase all the extras. It is a bit of a money pit. I was really, really disappointed in the times for the items you purchase the wristbands for. The pedal bikes were done early evening but what made it worse is that they told our kids that they could not ride them Friday evening because there was too much traffic. The traffic they were talking about were the golf carts that are only allowed if you are a seasonal site. There is an insane amount of golf carts there! The jumping pillow closes quite early as well. I think they should not charge as much for these items if they are going to be monitored due to "traffic" or close earlier than necessary. The kids were very upset about this and we ended up in the pool because it is the one thing open later than all the "chargeable" items. With that said, the management is very sweet and accommodating to many kids wanting to buy candy in the store. The CG is very clean and friendly. We will be back next summer. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Shades of Sherwood Family Camping Park