206561 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Brandon, Mississippi (Air Miles)
Thompson Field
Millsaps College
Amerigo
Cafe Creole
Primos Restaurant At Nort
Wal-Marti-55:103 815 S Wheatley (Located To Block)
Tougaloo College

3   4   9   9
no  no  question  yes
no  no  question  yes
July 2010
Although this park is 10 miles from stores or eating out, I decided to stay here for 5 months while working in this area. At first glance, the park is clean and has a country appeal. Spaces are fairly large. Concrete pads are old and not level but I decided to give it a try. At first management was polite. Note *polite*, not friendly, and note *at first*. Each month they became less polite and hardly ever friendly. The managers do not own the park, just manage it. Manage is a incorrect word use for them. They became rude, snoops, and they discriminate. I moved out after only 3 months here due to the unpleasant atmosphere they created through out the park. The bath houses are non-working and I was told they will not be fixing anytime soon, as "no one" really needs them, you have your own. The washers worked about 1/2 of the time and took your money the other 1/2. They had the pool open for their benefit, not for the RV'ers who paid to be here. So if you are wanting to full time here, do yourself a favor and continue looking. The park could be made nicer, but if those people that manage it are still here, it won't make a difference what improvements are made. STAY CLEAR! We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
April 2010
RV spots were concrete pads. It was easy to get into the spots. Park was able to accommodate our motorcycle trailer in a unusable spot across from our spot. The managers were very nice. The RV park was in a quiet location. The Reservoir was a short drive away. The only complaint I had was the laundry room. The machines were in disrepair, the room was not well lit and it was very dirty. There were many bugs and a Snake in the laundry room during our stay. The laundry room is attached to the restaurant. The restaurant does not supply any quarters for the laundry room. They suggested I get change by using the pop machine outside their restaurant. This was after I had already ate lunch there while my laundry was washing and I only needed $2 more dollars worth of quarters to dry my clothes. In the end other diners heard me asking for only the $2 worth of quarters and they took pity on me. A nice lady even went and dug out quarters from her car. Needless to say I never ate in the restaurant again. We found much nicer parks in the area and moved on. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
September 2008
We booked this campground while evacuating from Hurricane Gustav; and was pleasantly surprised and overjoyed at our camping stay here. The staff was fantastic; friendly and easy to get along with. The campground has a restaurant with a large screen tv; the staff allowed us to track the storm via tv whenever we needed. I gave the campground a 9 rather than a 10 because the laundry room was dirty; however the machines worked well. Some campers are residents of the park, but you would never know it. We will definitely camp here again. It’s a bit off the beaten path, but well worth the extra 10 miles or so. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Allen Creek Resort
November 2013

question  question  question  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes
question  question  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  question  yes
November 2013
Rate is senior rate. This state owned park is located about 15 miles north of I-20 Brandon, and about 4 miles east of the Natchez Trail Parkway, a bit off the main Interstate, but well worth the detour. Fully paved roads/sites, great grass and landscaping between sites. The newer sites have wide enough pavement to park your toad along side your RV. Wi-Fi access only near office. Strong Verizon LTE and AT&T. No cable TV, but many OTA TV channels available as well as good satellite access in most of the park. This park allows unlimited length of stay and there are many longer term residents. That being said, residents are very friendly and quiet. Park is extremely clean and safe with park police and park hosts living on site. We camped here in a Motorhome.
From the Natchez Trace, east on MS Hwy 43, go over the reservoir then the entrance is on the left just past the small convenience store/bait shop (Tommy’s Trading Post) on the left. Pleasant surprise and very easy access from the Natchez Trace. Extremely helpful and friendly management and Barnett Reservoir Police at the office. Interior roads are wide and paved. The first loop on the right is older with trees and narrow concrete pads. The second and third loops do not have trees but have level, concrete pads at least 20 feet wide if not wider and at least 50 feet long and plenty of room between sites. Sites are back in, no pull throughs. Some sites have foliage between them to provide a little privacy. The third loop is for longer term guests and was very neat and clean. Many people had boats parked at their site. Well taken care of and landscaped grounds. Better than expected. The location is rural. Grocery stores and restaurants are about 15 miles south of the campground in a nice area of town. Laundry has 3 washers and 3 dryers for $1.00 each and the equipment worked fine. The campground did not take reservations but told us to come in and if we arrived after 5pm just pick a site in the first two loops on the right and see them in the morning. Very relaxed and pleasant atmosphere. Weak AT&T signal, but AT&T and Verizon were strong enough for a decent data connection. Our RV site was probably one of the best RV sites we have experienced. The site was full hookup, wide, level, and there was a little privacy between sites with landscaped shrubbery between us and our neighbors and woods behind us. We would definitely stay here again. I would give it a 10 if it had a view and good Wi-Fi at our site. Otherwise, our site was as near to perfect as could be, especially for the price! We camped here in a Motorhome.
February 2013
Much of the campground is used by long term campers and their associated stuff. Even so there are quite a number of sites available for overnight use. The newer part of the campground has wide long concrete sites. Convenient to the Natchez Trace Parkway. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Goshen Springs Campground
January 2014

question  question  yes  question  no  question  question  question  yes  yes
question  question  yes  question  no  question  question  question  no  yes
January 2014
We stopped here for 1 night. Very friendly office staff. We had senior rate. 95% of park is monthly rentals, but the park is well maintained. Beautiful trees and a nice lake. The spots for non-monthly guests were right by the road, but not too noisy. Had plenty of room for our rig and tow. Definitely would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Just stayed overnight, so didn’t see a lot. Large spaces, clean, nice grounds. Downside is that it's about 10 miles from Interstate I-55; also Wi-Fi didn’t reach me (no signal at all), even though I was close to office. Overall, good for the price. Staff told me of which sites were tentatively open, are all “first come, first serve”, have to come back and register after you park your RV. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
This park is in a great location. Most of the water front is taken by monthly renters. Some of the nightly rental pads are being upgraded. This park is well maintained and the bath house I used was fairly clean. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Timberlake Campground