Nearby Laurel, Mississippi (Air Miles)
Lauren Rogers Museum Of A
2014-02-04 13:18:49
Laurel, Mississippi
July 2003

July 2003
Probably the nicest CG managers I've ever encountered and extremely easy to get to from the Interstate. The interior roads are narrow in some places but not a problem. Pad was concrete but a lot of earth over the top of it (rained heavily the night before). Peacefull with adequate shade but you could hear the trucks on I-59. Free fishing pond, playground for the kids. Lot of hills not good for bicycling. I used this CG several times as it's near the halfway point between my work in Louisiana and my home in Alabama. It's a good place to stay for a night while traveling. I don't think I'd stay any longer unless I had business in Laurel or was holed up due weather. Drawbacks - Highway noise which has increased since it's where the speed limit changes from 70 to 55 and the trucks love to hear the jake brake roar, fortunatly there is not a lot of traffic on I-59. The only other consideration is they allow full time residents and a couple of them had less than desirable rigs. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.

4   6   9   8   10   5   8
question  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes
January 2014
After reading one review and looking at their website, we decided to stay here for overnight. First, there is no cable and too many trees for satellite. Their WiFi is a hotspot, which is iffy and slow. We are almost sitting right beside their office so should have had a good connection, but we didn't . I do have Verizon, so used it. Their ad reads paved sites, but we camped on a gravel/grassy spot behind two Long term travel trailers. After looking at the layout, I wouldn't have wanted to drive my RV down the steep curvy hill to get to the other spots. Hopefully, when we leave soon we will be able to turn on the second entrance road to get out, because the steep curvy road going down looks dangerous. You can hear a loud train at night and also the long term campers leaving for work. The owners are very friendly, but doubt if I would stop again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
January 2014
This park was fine for an overnight stop. Owners are wonderful. The campground shower/bathroom was locked when we arrived, so was not able to use or evaluate. Likely closed due to extremely cold temps. We would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
December 2013
We got in here about 7:00pm and the owner and his wife were watching TV waiting for us to arrive as I had called earlier. They were quite friendly. The place was easy to find at night just off the highway one mile. We got escorted down the hill around the trees to a pull thru site directly opposite the bathrooms and showers. The area was well lit and we were given keys to the restrooms. We heard some highway noise but overall we had a comfortable stay here. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Sleepy Hollow RV Park