Nearby Vicksburg, Mississippi (Air Miles)
Eddie Monsour'S
Vicksburg National Milita
Maxwell'S - Vicksburg
Biedenharn Candy Company
Isle Of Capri 3990 Washington St. Vicksburg Ms 39180 601-636-5700 (Located To Block)
Isle Of Capri Casino Inc
Vicksburg, Mississippi

yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question  question  yes  yes  question
yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question  question  yes  yes  question
October 2014
With all its' flaws (short, slanted, narrow cement pads; inadequate bathrooms and laundry; etc.), this remains our prefered Vicksburg RV park. We finally found a park with cable that has not been ruined by the new system of requiring that a box be hooked up to your TV. They have 70 channel cable you can hook up to the old fashioned way and a 802.11 network that has always been reliable. As usual, the staff was terrific and the pool refreshing on a warm day. For those of you who are bothered seeing a park customer base that is not like you, there was one customer who may make you glad you have a piece under your pillow. The fact that he was in his 70s, attached to an oxygen tank by tubing, and needed a walker to get around probably doesn't make him any less a threat in your mind. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2014
This is a lovely city, and a nice clean RV park that is quiet and in a nice setting with great amenities, super internet, very good access. We would definitely return! We camped here in a Motorhome.
Good for an overnight stay, but not much more. The sites are narrow and not very long. Also, they're not level! Water pressure was good, the TV cable was iffy at best, wifi was ok. Check in was easy. On our way back home, we'll stay here again for a night. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Ameristar Vicksburg RV Park
September 2014

question  question  yes  question  question  question  question  question  question  question
question  question  question  question  question  question  question  question  question  question
September 2014
Park manager was extremely helpful and friendly. Park is close to the Vicksburg National Battlefield Park. We would definitely stay here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
September 2014
This is an OK park. The owner is very nice. The park is older and pretty tight. All sites are pull-through dirt and gravel but level. Great water pressure. Not all sites have cable so be sure and ask if you want it. There are a lot of long term workers here. We had poison ivy in our spot and the owner immediately sprayed for us. We would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
The sites are kind of close together and there's not a lot of natural beauty. That said it's a perfectly okay place to stay. I appreciated the dog run. It's very nice, clean, grassy. The park is also convenient to the highway and downtown. The other campers are quiet, but some of the regulars leave for work kind of early, 5 a.m. There's a neighboring building (not part of the campground) with some barking dogs. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Magnolia RV Park Resort
October 2014

question  question  question  yes  yes  question  question  yes  yes  question
question  question  question  question  yes  question  question  yes  yes  question
October 2014
Positive things first. Really friendly owners, clean campground, easy for big rigs. Now the negative. Sites are not level at all. I think if the hookups were not at the back of the sites you might could get level. Everyone that was in the campground in an RV had the front end off the ground. Fire ants are horrible! You can see the beds OK but if it has rained they are all in the grass so you can't see them! Can't tell you how many times I was stung. Most of the picnic tables are in bad shape. I guess if you were only spending the nite and leaving early it would be OK but I won't stay again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
This is a good park for a couple of nights. The sites were long and wide. Depending on where your hookups are on your unit, it is a good idea to have extensions. Also, be aware that there are lots of fire ants, so wear gloves when doing the hookup. Some sites are not that level. We were able to pick our own site because it was the off season. The staff is friendly. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Office staff was nice. Park was clean, no trash about. Trash pickup at site daily. Easy in/out. Seven miles south of I-20. Easy to get to attractions. Nice grass space between sites but could not enjoy due to the grass badly needed mowing. Up past the ankles. A lot of fire ant beds. If you have AT&T for phone, no service. The picnic tables are bad. Rusted and the wood was rotten. Could not use. Will not stay her again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for River Town Campground
May 2011

4   2   5   5
yes  no  yes  question
no  question  question  question
May 2011
Let's start by saying NO NEVER STAY HERE. Now let me tell you why. I travel in an Aliner pop up and weigh most of my ratings on the bath/shower facilities however in this case I have to say this was one of the worse camping experiences ever. Specifics. The cable TV wires had all been cut out I assume due to copper theft. The sites have a ditch you have to cross to pull into the site where my unit drugged the ground. While having my coffee in the morning a campers dog decided to come over and bark continuously at me. The dog owner simply yelled and cursed the dog. Now the the bad part. The shower/bath facility had not been cleaned in a very long time. There were huge ants and other bugs all inside the shower. When I turned the hot water on to wash the ants and bugs out, the entire faucet came out of the wall allowing hot water to flood the facility. The commodes were loose from the floor. This place has NO maintenance. The owners apologized but did not offer to refund my $21 for my experience. DO NOT GO HERE!! Very BAD! We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
January 2008
Very unpleasant experience. We didnt stay long, and moved to the Ameristar. I wouldnt go back. It would be a one but it is in a great location. We camped here in a Motorhome.
May 2007
Park does not seem to be well maintained. The first electrical outlet we tried was rusty and did not work. Site are level, even though some of them are on a slope. The park is very convenient to the battleground and only a few kilometres from downtown Vicksburg We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Vicksburg Battlefield Kampground