Nearby Wiggins, Mississippi (Air Miles)
1053 Frontage Dr E
Wiggins
Flint Creek Water Park
2013-08-19 09:49:41
Wiggins, Mississippi

yes  no  question  no  question  question  yes  yes  no  yes
yes  no  question  no  question  question  yes  yes  yes  yes
The park is nice and very secluded in the woods. We were on a lake site. A few complaints would be the grass was uncut and the shower and restrooms by our site were a mess. If we walked around our loop, the next shower and restroom was perfect. Also, bring a lot of fly spray because they were everywhere. This place could be awesome with just a little clean up around the sites and grass cutting. It was very relaxing sitting out at night under the stars. I have been camping here for years and I sure hope they get it cleaned up a little to get it back like it used to be. Complaints aside, I will still return to Flint Creek. We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2012
Never again! Our 1st and last trip to Flint Creek. We camped 3 nights in spot 54. It is an okay park. It isn't outstandingly clean, but it would do except for the ANTS! Our first morning we woke up to ants partying along all of our indoor, outdoor walls and seams. We bought ant spray and sprayed everything, but we still battled ants the rest of the trip. No fun. We asked other campers and everyone seemed to be suffering the same fate. The strange part is they didn't seem to care for the crumbs my kids dropped outside. They just wanted IN! We have been camping for 3 years and have never had a single ant in our camper. No bugs at all, for that matter. As if that weren't reason enough not to return, the washing facilities were dark and not very clean. I checked them out for friends who use the bath house when camping. The washers and dryers were old, dirty and exposed to the elements. The concrete floor was wet and covered with wet sand and dirt. There was no place to fold the towels I needed to wash since the machines were dirty. If I dropped anything it got filthy. Additionally, the park is very hilly, curvy and not very bike friendly: especially for kids. Younger kids can't ride without parents because the loops are large and the hills and curves prevent supervision. Even with parents though, it is a difficult ride for kids to muscle through. The beach is very small, but my kids loved it. The waterpark is in a hillside and the slides flow into a little body of water trenched off and separated from the rest of the lake. It's pretty small and is a disaster waiting to happen. I watched the lifeguards for a while. They spent more time chatting and looking at their hair than watching the kids. Some were more attentive than others. They need to weed eat some here and clean the river slime off the slides. My kids: 18 mos, 5 and 7, liked it though. Kids don't see what we see. The sites are pretty , shady and private. If you decide to risk it, pack at least 2 cans of ant spray for indoor and outdoor use. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
June 2012
There are nice shady sites. We stayed in the section that has gravel sites, but other areas have paved sites. Lots of room for slides. Each site has picnic tables and grills. Very friendly office staff. Daily garbage pickup at each site. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Flint Creek Water Park