206915 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Caruthersville, Missouri (Air Miles)
Casino Aztar 777 E. Third St. Cauthersville Mo 63830 573-333-6000 (Located To Zip)
State Hwy 84 W
Missouri
Caruthersville
Lady Luck Casino
2013-11-03 19:13:24
Caruthersville, Missouri
October 2013

yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  question  yes  yes  yes
yes  yes  no  question  yes  question  question  yes  yes  yes
October 2013
This is a good campground if you just need a decent one-nighter, or if you are an avid gambler. I don't like gambling, but I do enjoy a decent place to spend the night, safe and secure. The electric, water and sewer all worked just fine. The bathhouse and laundry appeared very nice, although we did not use them. The pull through sites are concrete, level and long. The back-ins look a little short to me, but I was on a pull through anyway. The Wi-Fi for our site, #10, was totally non-existent. Not even a weak signal. I noticed later on that their apparent "one and only" Wi-Fi antenna was at the far end of the park, on top of the bathhouse/laundry building. If you want Wi-Fi, I would advise you to park down that way. I am not a total electronics idiot, but I could not find the cable TV hook-up on my site, or on any of the other sites for that matter. They must be extremely well camouflaged is all I can say. I called the "fan club", which is the office for the campground, and the lady said she would send a guy down to see what the deal was. No one ever showed up, so I had to break out my tailgater in order to watch my STL Cardinal game. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
October 2013
We have been here several times before but stayed this time because it was the best "any port in a storm". Most of the lower half of the Mississippi valley was having violet storms so we stayed here rather than traveling any farther this Halloween. We had a FHU, pull-through site. The cable TV was only 3 channels at our site, but we received 25 channels after the maintenance guy plugged us into the adjoining site. Even then, all was not right with the cable situation. After going through the 25 channels, I saw that they were not as shown on their list. There were at least three stations (CBS, ABC Family, and TBS) that were on multiple (up to 4)channels. So, although I had 25 channels I had only about 15 different stations. At least the site was satellite friendly. As a previous reviewer mentioned, the Wi-Fi was useless - I could not connect with either of 2 devices. The laundry and bathrooms were not as smelly as on our last visit (see my 5/13 review). We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2013
First the bad: Don't expect Wi-Fi - connection was very weak and inconsistent. It was so poor that it was impossible to make a connection to any website. We never were able to connect. Forget their claimed cable connection. We only received 1 station that was anywhere near watchable. The rest were so snowy and noisy they could not be watched. Over the air stations have good reception and a good number more than what cable offered. Bathrooms were 'sort of' clean. The drain in the shower didn't work. When we removed the mat over the drain we found out why. Hair had accumulate over the drain grating which prevented if from draining. It's obvious that whenever they clean they don't really clean and the mat had not been moved in a long, long time for that much hair to be on the drain. They have a sign right at the entrance to the casino property telling RVers to turn to a particular radio station for directions. By the time you get to the sign you already need to be going in the right direction. Otherwise you need to stop in the road, block any traffic, and listen to the over the air recording telling you where to go. The signs leading to the RV park need to be bigger and placed better where they are more readily seen. Food at the casino restaurant is just OK, but pretty bland and nothing exceptional. The good: Sites are level. Nice concrete pads. Grass well kept. Overall, if you're hooked on casinos then you really don't have a lot of options in this part of the state so this will work. It's OK as a stop over when traveling thru the area. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Lady Luck Casino